Through 3 Quarters
Only one more quarter stands between the Phoenix Suns and the win they were favored to collect going into this night. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the New York Knicks 91-71.
Phoenix has been led by shooting guard Devin Booker, who so far has 32 points. One thing to keep an eye out for is Jae Crowder’s foul situation as he currently sits at four.
If the matchup were over at this point, it would be the Knicks’ worst margin of defeat yet this season.
Phoenix @ New York
Current Records: Phoenix 15-3; New York 10-8
What to Know
The New York Knicks may be playing at home again Friday, but the experts are forecasting a four-point loss. They will take on the Phoenix Suns at 7 p.m. ET at Madison Square Garden after having had a few days off. The Knicks have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with Phoenix and are hoping to record their first victory since Jan. 26 of 2018.
New York has more to be thankful for after their game against the Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday. New York secured a 106-100 W over Los Angeles. Among those leading the charge for New York was shooting guard Evan Fournier, who shot 6-for-9 from beyond the arc and finished with 26 points.
As for the Suns, they can’t say they have nothing to be thankful for this Thanksgiving week. They snuck past the Cleveland Cavaliers with a 120-115 win on Wednesday. Phoenix’s shooting guard Devin Booker did his thing and had 35 points.
The wins brought the Knicks up to 10-8 and Phoenix to 15-3. A pair of stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: New York have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 42.60%, which places them third in the league. But the Suns come into the matchup boasting the highest field goal percentage in the league at 47.90%. We’ll see which of these strengths — offense or defense — will win out.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Madison Square Garden — New York, New York
- TV: MSG Network
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $135.00
The Suns are a 4-point favorite against the Knicks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Suns, as the game opened with the Suns as a 2.5-point favorite.
Phoenix have won eight out of their last 12 games against New York.
- May 07, 2021 – Phoenix 128 vs. New York 105
- Apr 26, 2021 – Phoenix 118 vs. New York 110
- Jan 16, 2020 – Phoenix 121 vs. New York 98
- Jan 03, 2020 – Phoenix 120 vs. New York 112
- Mar 06, 2019 – Phoenix 107 vs. New York 96
- Dec 17, 2018 – Phoenix 128 vs. New York 110
- Jan 26, 2018 – New York 107 vs. Phoenix 85
- Nov 03, 2017 – New York 120 vs. Phoenix 107
- Jan 21, 2017 – Phoenix 107 vs. New York 105
- Dec 13, 2016 – Phoenix 113 vs. New York 111
- Mar 09, 2016 – New York 128 vs. Phoenix 97
- Jan 29, 2016 – New York 102 vs. Phoenix 84
Injury Report for New York
- Taj Gibson: Game-Time Decision (Groin)
- Derrick Rose: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Phoenix
- Abdel Nader: Out (Knee)
- Frank Kaminsky: Out (Knee)
- Dario Saric: Out (Knee)