How to watch Heat vs. Nuggets basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Denver @ Miami
Current Records: Denver 9-10; Miami 13-7
What to Know
The Miami Heat will be returning home after a four-game road trip. They will take on the Denver Nuggets at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday at FTX Arena. Miami has been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with Denver and is hoping to record their first victory since Aug. 1 of last year.
The Heat came out on top in a nail-biter against the Chicago Bulls this past Saturday, sneaking past 107-104. Miami got their win on the backs of several key players, and it was point guard Kyle Lowry out in front picking up 19 points and six assists along with five rebounds.
Meanwhile, Denver ended up a good deal behind the Milwaukee Bucks when they played this past Friday, losing 120-109. The losing side was boosted by power forward Aaron Gordon, who had 18 points in addition to nine boards.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Miami is expected to win a tight contest. There could be an interesting gambling play in this one, as they have done quite well against the spread at home this season while the Nuggets have struggled against the spread on the road.
The Heat’s victory brought them up to 13-7 while Denver’s loss pulled them down to 9-10. Two stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Miami comes into the contest boasting the second fewest points allowed per game in the league at 102.5. Less enviably, Denver is fifth worst in the league in points per game, with only 102.8 on average. They might struggle to break 100.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: FTX Arena — Miami, Florida
- TV: NBATV
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $31.99
The Heat are a 3-point favorite against the Nuggets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Heat as a 7.5-point favorite.
Denver have won eight out of their last 13 games against Miami.
- Nov 08, 2021 – Denver 113 vs. Miami 96
- Apr 14, 2021 – Denver 123 vs. Miami 106
- Jan 27, 2021 – Denver 109 vs. Miami 82
- Aug 01, 2020 – Miami 125 vs. Denver 105
- Nov 05, 2019 – Denver 109 vs. Miami 89
- Feb 11, 2019 – Denver 103 vs. Miami 87
- Jan 08, 2019 – Denver 103 vs. Miami 99
- Mar 19, 2018 – Miami 149 vs. Denver 141
- Nov 03, 2017 – Denver 95 vs. Miami 94
- Apr 02, 2017 – Denver 116 vs. Miami 113
- Nov 30, 2016 – Miami 106 vs. Denver 98
- Mar 14, 2016 – Miami 124 vs. Denver 119
- Jan 15, 2016 – Miami 98 vs. Denver 95
Injury Report for Miami
- Markieff Morris: Out (Neck)
- Jimmy Butler: Out (Back)
- Marcus Garrett: Out (Wrist)
- Tyler Herro: Out (Rest)
- Victor Oladipo: Out (Quadriceps)
Injury Report for Denver
- JaMychal Green: Out (Elbow)
- Jamal Murray: Out (Knee)
- Michael Porter Jr.: Out for the Season (Back)
- PJ Dozier: Out for the Season (Knee)