Northwestern @ Maryland
Current Records: Northwestern 5-2; Maryland 5-3
What to Know
The Maryland Terrapins and the Northwestern Wildcats are set to square off in a Big Ten matchup at noon ET Dec. 5 at Xfinity Center. These two teams are out to turn their luck around after having lost tight contests in their previous games.
Maryland was close but no cigar on Wednesday as they fell 62-58 to the Virginia Tech Hokies. The contest was as close as the oddsmakers predicted, but the Terrapins had been the slight favorite coming in. One thing holding Maryland back was the mediocre play of guard Fatts Russell, who did not have his best game: he played for 38 minutes but put up just eight points on 2-for-10 shooting.
Speaking of close games: it was close but no cigar for Northwestern as they fell 77-73 to the Wake Forest Demon Deacons on Tuesday. Forward Pete Nance (15 points) was the top scorer for Northwestern.
The losses put Maryland at 5-3 and the Wildcats at 5-2. A couple stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Terrapins are stumbling into the game with the 52nd fewest takeaways in college basketball, having accrued only 11.6 on average. To make matters even worse for Maryland, Northwestern comes into the matchup boasting the ninth fewest turnovers per game in college basketball at 8.9.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 12 p.m. ET
- Where: Xfinity Center — College Park, Maryland
- TV: Big Ten Network
- Follow: CBS Sports App
Maryland have won eight out of their last ten games against Northwestern.
- Mar 03, 2021 – Northwestern 60 vs. Maryland 55
- Feb 18, 2020 – Maryland 76 vs. Northwestern 67
- Jan 21, 2020 – Maryland 77 vs. Northwestern 66
- Jan 29, 2019 – Maryland 70 vs. Northwestern 52
- Feb 19, 2018 – Maryland 71 vs. Northwestern 64
- Feb 10, 2018 – Maryland 73 vs. Northwestern 57
- Mar 10, 2017 – Northwestern 72 vs. Maryland 64
- Feb 15, 2017 – Maryland 74 vs. Northwestern 64
- Jan 19, 2016 – Maryland 62 vs. Northwestern 56
- Jan 02, 2016 – Maryland 72 vs. Northwestern 59