How to watch Timberwolves vs. Hawks basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Atlanta @ Minnesota
Current Records: Atlanta 12-12; Minnesota 11-12
What to Know
The Minnesota Timberwolves have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Atlanta Hawks and are hoping to record their first win since Nov. 25 of 2019. The Timberwolves will take on Atlanta at 8 p.m. ET Monday at Target Center after having had a few days off. Minnesota is out to keep their five-game home win streak alive.
Minnesota was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap this past Friday as they fell 110-105 to the Brooklyn Nets. The top scorers for Minnesota were point guard D’Angelo Russell (21 points), shooting guard Anthony Edwards (19 points), and center Naz Reid (19 points).
Meanwhile, it was close but no cigar for Atlanta as they fell 130-127 to the Charlotte Hornets on Sunday. Despite the loss, the Hawks got a solid performance out of power forward John Collins, who posted a double-double on 31 points and 12 rebounds.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Timberwolves are expected to win a tight contest. Those playing the odds have seen things go back and forth with Minnesota, who are 11-12 against the spread.
The losses put Minnesota at 11-12 and Atlanta at 12-12. A couple stats to keep an eye on: Minnesota is stumbling into the matchup with the most fouls per game in the league, having accrued 23.2 on average. To make matters even worse for Minnesota, the Hawks come into the game boasting the fourth fewest fouls per game in the league at 17.5. Keep an eye on whether or not foul trouble puts the Timberwolves in a difficult position.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Target Center — Minneapolis, Minnesota
- TV: Bally Sports – North
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $20.00
The Timberwolves are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Hawks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 1.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Minnesota and Atlanta both have six wins in their last 12 games.
- Jan 22, 2021 – Atlanta 116 vs. Minnesota 98
- Jan 18, 2021 – Atlanta 108 vs. Minnesota 97
- Feb 05, 2020 – Atlanta 127 vs. Minnesota 120
- Nov 25, 2019 – Minnesota 125 vs. Atlanta 113
- Feb 27, 2019 – Atlanta 131 vs. Minnesota 123
- Dec 28, 2018 – Atlanta 123 vs. Minnesota 120
- Mar 28, 2018 – Minnesota 126 vs. Atlanta 114
- Jan 29, 2018 – Atlanta 105 vs. Minnesota 100
- Dec 26, 2016 – Minnesota 104 vs. Atlanta 90
- Dec 21, 2016 – Minnesota 92 vs. Atlanta 84
- Nov 25, 2015 – Minnesota 99 vs. Atlanta 95
- Nov 09, 2015 – Minnesota 117 vs. Atlanta 107