Brooklyn @ Dallas
Current Records: Brooklyn 16-7; Dallas 11-11
What to Know
The Brooklyn Nets have enjoyed the comforts of home their last four games, but now they must head out on the road. After a few days’ rest for both teams, they and the Dallas Mavericks will meet up at 7:30 p.m. ET Dec. 7 at American Airlines Center. Brooklyn hasn’t won a game against Dallas since March 4 of 2019, but they’ll be looking to end the drought Tuesday.
It was close but no cigar for the Nets as they fell 111-107 to the Chicago Bulls this past Saturday. One thing holding Brooklyn back was the mediocre play of small forward Bruce Brown, who did not have his best game: he finished with only four points on 2-for-11 shooting in his 26 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, Dallas came up short against the Memphis Grizzlies this past Saturday, falling 97-90. The losing side was boosted by shooting guard Tim Hardaway Jr., who shot 5-for-9 from downtown and finished with 29 points and seven rebounds.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Brooklyn is expected to win a tight contest. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past four games, so buyers beware.
The Nets are now 16-7 while the Mavericks sit at 11-11. A pair of defensive stats to keep an eye on: Brooklyn have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 42.90%, which places them second in the league. On the other end of the spectrum, Dallas has allowed their opponents to shoot 47.10% from the floor on average, which is the fourth highest shooting percentage allowed in the league.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: American Airlines Center — Dallas, Texas
- TV: TNT
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $45.99
The Nets are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Mavericks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 2.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Dallas have won eight out of their last 11 games against Brooklyn.
- May 06, 2021 – Dallas 113 vs. Brooklyn 109
- Feb 27, 2021 – Dallas 115 vs. Brooklyn 98
- Jan 02, 2020 – Dallas 123 vs. Brooklyn 111
- Mar 04, 2019 – Brooklyn 127 vs. Dallas 88
- Nov 21, 2018 – Dallas 119 vs. Brooklyn 113
- Mar 17, 2018 – Brooklyn 114 vs. Dallas 106
- Nov 29, 2017 – Brooklyn 109 vs. Dallas 104
- Mar 19, 2017 – Dallas 111 vs. Brooklyn 104
- Mar 10, 2017 – Dallas 105 vs. Brooklyn 96
- Jan 29, 2016 – Dallas 91 vs. Brooklyn 79
- Dec 23, 2015 – Dallas 119 vs. Brooklyn 118