For someone who really loves the game of football, and not just Fantasy Football, the quarterback position can be one of consternation. We heard some grumbling earlier this year when Jalen Hurts was producing as a must-start quarterback in Fantasy but not playing particularly well for the Eagles. And no one has better exemplified this difference than Taysom Hill in Week 13.
Hill threw the ball miserably in his first start, at least partially due to the finger injury he suffered during the game. He threw four interceptions and completed less than half his passes in a loss, but he ran for more than 100 yards and had a garbage-time touchdown to score 24 Fantasy points. Bad quarterback day, very good Fantasy day.
In Week 14 Hill gets the Jets, and you should see him ranked as a consensus top-10 quarterback, even in leagues that reward six points per touchdown pass. That’s partially because of his rushing floor, but also because of a great matchup against the Jets.
Speaking of bad quarterback play, Cam Newton is a borderline top-12 option this week despite the fact that he completed 23% of his passes and got benched the last time we saw him. This is partially due to his matchup with the Atlanta Falcons, but also because we’d expect, like Hill, that Newton will do a lot with his legs.
Let’s get to the rest of the Week 14 preview:
Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox.
There was an error processing your subscription.
Week 14 QB Preview
Numbers to know
- 23.4 — Taysom Hill has averaged 23.4 Fantasy points per game in his five career starts at quarterback.
- 46.2 — Patrick Mahomes scored 46.2 Fantasy points in Week 10 against this Raiders defense.
- 1.5% — Lamar Jackson has scored on 1.5% of his rush attempts this year. Prior to 2021 he had a 3.9% rush touchdown rate.
- 26.2% — More than a quarter of Justin Herbert’s throws this season have gone to Keenan Allen, who is currently on COVID IR.
- 247 — Russell Wilson has not thrown for more than 247 yards since Week 3.
- 20.2 — Ben Roethlisberger has scored at least 20.2 Fantasy points in three of his last four games.
Matchups that matter
Waiver Wire Targets
Get 40% off NFL gear now
The holidays are almost here, and you can now get 40% off select NFL gear at Fanatics. Hoodies, shirts, jackets, and much more are discounted. There’s even baseball gear on sale. Check out the full Holiday Promo selection here now.
We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.