Through 3 Quarters
The Utah Jazz are just one quarter away from delivering their fans the win they’ve been expecting. It’s looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Minnesota Timberwolves as Utah lead 95-81.
The Jazz have been led by shooting guard Donovan Mitchell, who so far has 31 points along with four rebounds. Mitchell’s night has made it four games in a row with at least 30 points. One thing to keep an eye out for is Rudy Gobert’s foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Shooting guard Anthony Edwards (18 points) and point guard Patrick Beverley (16 points) have been the top scorers for Minnesota.
the Timberwolves have lost 100% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this year, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Utah @ Minnesota
Current Records: Utah 16-7; Minnesota 11-13
What to Know
The Utah Jazz have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Minnesota Timberwolves and are hoping to record their first win since Dec. 11 of 2019. Utah will take on Minnesota at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday at Target Center after having had a few days off. The Jazz should still be riding high after a victory, while the Timberwolves will be looking to get back in the win column.
Utah escaped with a win on Sunday against the Cleveland Cavaliers by the margin of a single free throw, 109-108. Utah’s shooting guard Donovan Mitchell did his thing and had 35 points and six assists. The contest made it Mitchell’s third in a row with at least 30 points.
Meanwhile, the game between Minnesota and the Atlanta Hawks on Monday was not particularly close, with Minnesota falling 121-110. Despite the loss, the Timberwolves got a solid performance out of center Karl-Anthony Towns, who dropped a double-double on 31 points and 16 rebounds along with six dimes. Towns’ night made it three games in a row in which he has scored at least 31 points.
The Jazz are the favorite in this one, with an expected 6.5-point margin of victory. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past two games, so buyers beware.
Utah’s victory brought them up to 16-7 while Minnesota’s defeat pulled them down to 11-13. A couple offensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Utah enters the matchup with 114 points per game on average, good for second best in the league. Less enviably, Minnesota has only been able to knock down 42.60% percent of their shots, which is the fourth lowest field goal percentage in the league. So the cards are definitely stacked against the Timberwolves.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Target Center — Minneapolis, Minnesota
- TV: ATTSN Rocky Mountain
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $19.00
The Jazz are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Timberwolves, according to the latest NBA odds.
Bettors have moved against the Jazz slightly, as the game opened with the Jazz as an 8.5-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Utah have won 13 out of their last 22 games against Minnesota.
- Apr 26, 2021 – Minnesota 105 vs. Utah 104
- Apr 24, 2021 – Minnesota 101 vs. Utah 96
- Dec 26, 2020 – Minnesota 116 vs. Utah 111
- Dec 11, 2019 – Utah 127 vs. Minnesota 116
- Nov 20, 2019 – Utah 103 vs. Minnesota 95
- Nov 18, 2019 – Minnesota 112 vs. Utah 102
- Mar 14, 2019 – Utah 120 vs. Minnesota 100
- Jan 27, 2019 – Utah 125 vs. Minnesota 111
- Jan 25, 2019 – Utah 106 vs. Minnesota 102
- Oct 31, 2018 – Minnesota 128 vs. Utah 125
- Apr 01, 2018 – Utah 121 vs. Minnesota 97
- Mar 02, 2018 – Utah 116 vs. Minnesota 108
- Nov 13, 2017 – Minnesota 109 vs. Utah 98
- Oct 20, 2017 – Minnesota 100 vs. Utah 97
- Apr 07, 2017 – Utah 120 vs. Minnesota 113
- Mar 01, 2017 – Minnesota 107 vs. Utah 80
- Jan 07, 2017 – Utah 94 vs. Minnesota 92
- Nov 28, 2016 – Utah 112 vs. Minnesota 103
- Apr 01, 2016 – Utah 98 vs. Minnesota 85
- Mar 26, 2016 – Utah 93 vs. Minnesota 84
- Jan 29, 2016 – Utah 103 vs. Minnesota 90
- Dec 30, 2015 – Minnesota 94 vs. Utah 80
Injury Report for Minnesota
- Jaylen Nowell: Game-Time Decision (Back)
- D’Angelo Russell: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Utah
- Elijah Hughes: Game-Time Decision (Groin)
- Hassan Whiteside: Out (Groin)
- Udoka Azubuike: Out (Ankle)