How to watch Pacers vs. Knicks basketball game
By Scout Staff
3 min read
Through 3 Quarters
Only one more quarter stands between the Indiana Pacers and the win they were favored to collect going into this night. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the New York Knicks 96-76.
The Pacers have enjoyed the tag-team combination of power forward Domantas Sabonis and shooting guard Chris Duarte. The former has 18 points and four assists along with nine boards, while the latter has 21 points and four assists. A double-double would be Sabonis’ fifth in a row.
Small forward R.J. Barrett has led the way so far for New York, as he has 19 points.
Halftime deficits have spelled doom for the Knicks, who haves lost 83% of the games in which they were down going into the the fourth quarter.
New York @ Indiana
Current Records: New York 12-12; Indiana 10-16
What to Know
The New York Knicks might have tired legs after a matchup yesterday as they head on the road against the Indiana Pacers at 7 p.m. ET Dec. 8 at Gainbridge Fieldhouse. If the game is anything like their last meeting in November, where the Knicks won 92-84, we could be in for a big score.
New York didn’t have too much trouble with the San Antonio Spurs on the road on Tuesday as they won 121-109. New York’s small forward R.J. Barrett looked sharp as he shot 7-for-8 from beyond the arc and finished with 32 points and five boards.
Meanwhile, even if it wasn’t a dominant performance, Indiana beat the Washington Wizards 116-110 on Monday. Indiana’s power forward Domantas Sabonis did his thing and posted a double-double on 30 points and ten rebounds along with six assists. That makes it nine consecutive games in which Sabonis has had at least ten rebounds.
New York is expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the Orlando Magic Nov. 17 easily too and instead slipped up with a 104-98. In other words, don’t count the Pacers out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Gainbridge Fieldhouse — Indianapolis, Indiana
- TV: Bally Sports Midwest – Indiana
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $13.00
The Pacers are a 5-point favorite against the Knicks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Pacers as a 4.5-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Indiana have won 14 out of their last 22 games against New York.
- Nov 15, 2021 – New York 92 vs. Indiana 84
- Nov 03, 2021 – Indiana 111 vs. New York 98
- Feb 27, 2021 – New York 110 vs. Indiana 107
- Jan 02, 2021 – New York 106 vs. Indiana 102
- Dec 23, 2020 – Indiana 121 vs. New York 107
- Feb 21, 2020 – Indiana 106 vs. New York 98
- Feb 01, 2020 – New York 92 vs. Indiana 85
- Dec 07, 2019 – Indiana 104 vs. New York 103
- Mar 12, 2019 – Indiana 103 vs. New York 98
- Jan 11, 2019 – Indiana 121 vs. New York 106
- Dec 16, 2018 – Indiana 110 vs. New York 99
- Oct 31, 2018 – Indiana 107 vs. New York 101
- Feb 11, 2018 – Indiana 121 vs. New York 113
- Dec 04, 2017 – Indiana 115 vs. New York 97
- Nov 05, 2017 – New York 108 vs. Indiana 101
- Mar 14, 2017 – New York 87 vs. Indiana 81
- Jan 23, 2017 – New York 109 vs. Indiana 103
- Jan 07, 2017 – Indiana 123 vs. New York 109
- Dec 20, 2016 – New York 118 vs. Indiana 111
- Apr 12, 2016 – Indiana 102 vs. New York 90
- Apr 03, 2016 – Indiana 92 vs. New York 87
- Feb 24, 2016 – Indiana 108 vs. New York 105
Injury Report for Indiana
- Justin Holiday: Out (Covid-19)
- T.J. Warren: Out (Foot)
- T.J. McConnell: Out (Wrist)
Injury Report for New York
- Nerlens Noel: Game-Time Decision (Back)
- Jericho Sims: Game-Time Decision (Illness)