How to watch Jazz vs. Hornets basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Charlotte @ Utah
Current Records: Charlotte 16-16; Utah 20-9
What to Know
The Charlotte Hornets need to shore up a defense that is allowing 117.28 points per matchup before their game on Monday. They might have tired legs after a contest yesterday as they head on the road against the Utah Jazz at 9 p.m. ET Dec. 20 at Vivint Arena. The Hornets have some work to do to even out the 3-9 series between these two since January of 2016, but a win here would be a good start.
It’s never fun to lose, and it’s even less fun to lose 137-106, which was the final score in Charlotte’s tilt against the Phoenix Suns on Sunday. Charlotte was in a tough position by the half, with the score already sitting at 69-47. Charlotte’s defeat came about despite a quality game from power forward Miles Bridges, who had 26 points along with five boards.
Meanwhile, Utah was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap this past Saturday as they fell 109-103 to the Washington Wizards. If the result catches you off guard, it should: Utah was far and away the favorite. The losing side was boosted by shooting guard Donovan Mitchell, who had 32 points and five assists.
The losses put Charlotte at 16-16 and Utah at 20-9. The Hornets are 7-8 after losses this year, the Jazz 5-3.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Vivint Arena — Salt Lake City, Utah
- TV: ATTSN Rocky Mountain
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $18.62
The Jazz are a big 12.5-point favorite against the Hornets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Jazz as a 12-point favorite.
Utah have won nine out of their last 12 games against Charlotte.
- Feb 22, 2021 – Utah 132 vs. Charlotte 110
- Feb 05, 2021 – Utah 138 vs. Charlotte 121
- Jan 10, 2020 – Utah 109 vs. Charlotte 92
- Dec 21, 2019 – Utah 114 vs. Charlotte 107
- Apr 01, 2019 – Utah 111 vs. Charlotte 102
- Nov 30, 2018 – Utah 119 vs. Charlotte 111
- Feb 09, 2018 – Utah 106 vs. Charlotte 94
- Jan 12, 2018 – Charlotte 99 vs. Utah 88
- Feb 04, 2017 – Utah 105 vs. Charlotte 98
- Nov 09, 2016 – Charlotte 104 vs. Utah 98
- Jan 27, 2016 – Utah 102 vs. Charlotte 73
- Jan 18, 2016 – Charlotte 124 vs. Utah 119
Injury Report for Utah
- Malik Fitts: Out (Shoulder)
- Udoka Azubuike: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Charlotte
- Gordon Hayward: Out (Back)
- Cody Martin: Out (Covid-19)