No. 16 LSU @ No. 11 Auburn
Current Records: LSU 12-0; Auburn 11-1
What to Know
After a three-game homestand, the #16 LSU Tigers will be on the road. LSU and the #11 Auburn Tigers will face off in an SEC battle at 7 p.m. ET Wednesday at Auburn Arena. Both teams come into the contest bolstered by wins in their previous games.
Everything came up roses for LSU at home against the Lipscomb Bisons last week as the team secured a 95-60 win. LSU got double-digit scores from six players: forward Darius Days (21), guard Xavier Pinson (17), guard Eric Gaines (13), guard Brandon Murray (13), center Efton Reid (12), and forward Mwani Wilkinson (11). Pinson hadn’t helped his team much against the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs two weeks ago, so this was a nice turnaround for him. Xavier Pinson’s points were the most he has had all season.
Meanwhile, the stars were brightly shining for Auburn in a 71-58 victory over the Murray State Racers last Wednesday. Forward Walker Kessler was the offensive standout of the matchup for Auburn, picking up 13 points along with seven blocks and seven boards. Kessler has also now had at least four blocks in his past three games.
LSU is expected to lose this next one by 4.5. Those interested in the spread don’t face an easy decision since they are 10-2 ATS and Auburn 8-4.
Everything went LSU’s way against Auburn when the two teams previously met in February as they made off with a 104-80 victory. The rematch might be a little tougher for LSU since the squad won’t have home-court advantage. We’ll see if the change in venue makes a difference.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Auburn Arena — Auburn, Alabama
- TV: ESPN2
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $90.00
The Tigers are a 4.5-point favorite against the Tigers, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Tigers as a 4-point favorite.
Auburn have won four out of their last seven games against LSU.
- Feb 20, 2021 – LSU 104 vs. Auburn 80
- Feb 08, 2020 – Auburn 91 vs. LSU 90
- Feb 09, 2019 – LSU 83 vs. Auburn 78
- Jan 27, 2018 – Auburn 95 vs. LSU 70
- Feb 21, 2017 – Auburn 98 vs. LSU 75
- Jan 18, 2017 – Auburn 78 vs. LSU 74
- Feb 02, 2016 – LSU 80 vs. Auburn 68
Injury Report for Auburn
- Devan Cambridge: Out (Illness)
Injury Report for LSU
- Shareef O’Neal: Game-Time Decision (Foot)
- Tari Eason: Game-Time Decision (Back)
- Justice Williams: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Adam Miller: Out for the Season (Knee)