How to watch Butler vs. DePaul basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
DePaul @ Butler
Current Records: DePaul 9-1; Butler 7-4
What to Know
The DePaul Blue Demons are 1-11 against the Butler Bulldogs since January of 2016, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit Wednesday. DePaul and Butler will face off in a Big East battle at 5 p.m. ET at Hinkle Fieldhouse. The point spread is more or less neutral, so fans should expect a close contest.
Even if it wasn’t a dominant performance, the Blue Demons beat the Illinois-Chicago Flames 72-66 two weeks ago. Guard Javon Freeman-Liberty and forward David Jones were among the main playmakers for DePaul as the former had 27 points along with seven boards and the latter had 15 points in addition to nine rebounds.
Meanwhile, Butler was expected to have a tough go of it last week, and, well, they did. They found themselves the reluctant recipients of an unpleasant 77-48 punch to the gut against the Purdue Boilermakers. Guard Aaron Thompson had a pretty forgettable game, playing for 31 minutes but putting up just six points on 3-for-10 shooting.
DePaul is now 9-1 while the Bulldogs sit at 7-4. A pair of offensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Blue Demons enter the game with 81.6 points per game on average, good for 23rd best in college basketball. On the other end of the spectrum, Butler is 25th worst in college basketball in points per game, with only 63.4 on average.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 5 p.m. ET
- Where: Hinkle Fieldhouse — Indianapolis, Indiana
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $15.00
The Bulldogs are a slight 2-point favorite against the Blue Demons, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Blue Demons as a 1.5-point favorite.
Butler have won 11 out of their last 12 games against DePaul.
- Feb 06, 2021 – Butler 68 vs. DePaul 58
- Jan 19, 2021 – Butler 67 vs. DePaul 53
- Feb 29, 2020 – Butler 60 vs. DePaul 42
- Jan 18, 2020 – DePaul 79 vs. Butler 66
- Feb 16, 2019 – Butler 91 vs. DePaul 78
- Jan 16, 2019 – Butler 87 vs. DePaul 69
- Feb 03, 2018 – Butler 80 vs. DePaul 57
- Jan 20, 2018 – Butler 79 vs. DePaul 67
- Feb 19, 2017 – Butler 82 vs. DePaul 66
- Jan 21, 2017 – Butler 70 vs. DePaul 69
- Jan 27, 2016 – Butler 67 vs. DePaul 53
- Jan 05, 2016 – Butler 77 vs. DePaul 72
Injury Report for Butler
- Bo Hodges: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for DePaul
- Tyon Grant-Foster: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Ahamad Bynum: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)