How to watch Wofford vs. VMI basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
VMI @ Wofford
Current Records: VMI 7-5; Wofford 8-4
What to Know
The Wofford Terriers will be returning home after a three-game road trip. Wofford and the VMI Keydets will face off in a Southern battle at 7 p.m. ET Wednesday at Jerry Richardson Indoor Stadium. The teams split their matchups last year, with the Terriers winning the first 80-78 on the road and VMI taking the second 84-80.
Wofford made easy work of the Presbyterian Blue Hose last week and carried off a 76-49 victory.
Meanwhile, VMI came up short against the Wake Forest Demon Deacons two weeks ago, falling 77-70. One thing holding VMI back was the mediocre play of guard Sean Conway, who did not have his best game: he played for 29 minutes but put up just five points on 2-for-11 shooting.
Wofford is the favorite in this one, with an expected 9-point margin of victory. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (5-1), so they might be worth a quick bet.
The Terriers’ win brought them up to 8-4 while the Keydets’ loss pulled them down to 7-5. A pair of defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Wofford has allowed their opponents to shoot 45.20% from the floor on average, which is the 47th highest shooting percentage allowed in college basketball. VMI’s defense has more to brag about, as they they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 36.50%, which places them sixth in college basketball. Maybe that strength will give VMI the oomph they need to beat the odds.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Jerry Richardson Indoor Stadium — Spartanburg, South Carolina
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $45.00
The Terriers are a big 9-point favorite against the Keydets, according to the latest college basketball odds.
Bettors have moved against the Terriers slightly, as the game opened with the Terriers as an 11.5-point favorite.
Wofford have won 12 out of their last 13 games against VMI.
- Feb 03, 2021 – VMI 84 vs. Wofford 80
- Jan 13, 2021 – Wofford 80 vs. VMI 78
- Feb 05, 2020 – Wofford 79 vs. VMI 73
- Jan 22, 2020 – Wofford 66 vs. VMI 54
- Mar 09, 2019 – Wofford 99 vs. VMI 72
- Feb 14, 2019 – Wofford 95 vs. VMI 84
- Jan 12, 2019 – Wofford 90 vs. VMI 76
- Jan 24, 2018 – Wofford 63 vs. VMI 46
- Jan 04, 2018 – Wofford 92 vs. VMI 53
- Feb 22, 2017 – Wofford 81 vs. VMI 63
- Jan 19, 2017 – Wofford 88 vs. VMI 70
- Feb 08, 2016 – Wofford 92 vs. VMI 60
- Jan 05, 2016 – Wofford 65 vs. VMI 61
Injury Report for Wofford
- Messiah Jones: Out for the Season (Achilles)
Injury Report for VMI
No Injury Information