NC State @ Miami (Fla.)
Current Records: NC State 7-5; Miami (Fla.) 9-3
What to Know
The NC State Wolfpack and the Miami (Fla.) Hurricanes are even-steven against one another since January of 2016 (4-4), but not for long. NC State and the Hurricanes will face off in an ACC battle at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday at Watsco Center. Coming off of a loss in a game they were expected to win, NC State now face the more daunting task of proving themselves against unfavorable odds.
It looks like NC State must have gotten on Santa’s naughty list since the squad didn’t end up with the win they were expected to receive last Tuesday. They lost to the Wright State Raiders at home by a decisive 84-70 margin. This was hardly the result NC State or its fans were betting on, as they were favored by 10.5 points over Wright State heading into this contest. Guard Dereon Seabron had a pretty forgettable game, finishing with ten points on 4-for-12 shooting in his 37 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, the Hurricanes were able to grind out a solid victory over the Stetson Hatters last week, winning 82-72. Miami (Fla.)’s guard Kameron McGusty did his thing and shot 6-for-8 from downtown and finished with 27 points.
The Wolfpack are now 7-5 while Miami (Fla.) sits at 9-3. A couple defensive stats to keep an eye on: NC State is 46th worst in college basketball in points allowed per game, with 74.3 on average. The Hurricanes have experienced some struggles of their own as they have allowed their opponents to shoot 45.30% from the floor on average, which is the 44th highest shooting percentage allowed in college basketball. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Watsco Center — Coral Gables, Florida
- TV: ESPN University
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Hurricanes are a 3-point favorite against the Wolfpack, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Hurricanes as a 4-point favorite.
Miami (Fla.) and NC State both have four wins in their last eight games.
- Jan 09, 2021 – Miami (Fla.) 64 vs. NC State 59
- Feb 05, 2020 – NC State 83 vs. Miami (Fla.) 72
- Jan 15, 2020 – NC State 80 vs. Miami (Fla.) 63
- Jan 03, 2019 – NC State 87 vs. Miami (Fla.) 82
- Jan 21, 2018 – Miami (Fla.) 86 vs. NC State 81
- Feb 04, 2017 – Miami (Fla.) 84 vs. NC State 79
- Dec 31, 2016 – Miami (Fla.) 81 vs. NC State 63
- Jan 30, 2016 – NC State 85 vs. Miami (Fla.) 69
Injury Report for Miami (Fla.)
- Rodney Miller Jr.: Out (Groin)
- Harlond Beverly: Out for the Season (Back)
- Jakai Robinson: Out (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for NC State
- Greg Gantt: Out (Abdomen)
- Manny Bates: Out for the Season (Shoulder)