How to watch Tulane vs. Memphis basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Memphis @ Tulane
Current Records: Memphis 6-4; Tulane 3-6
What to Know
The Memphis Tigers are 13-1 against the Tulane Green Wave since December of 2015, and they’ll have a chance to extend that success on Wednesday. The Tigers and Tulane will face off in an American Athletic battle at 8 p.m. ET at Fogelman Arena in Devlin Fieldhouse. Memphis won both of their matches against Tulane last season (80-74 and 61-46) and is aiming for the same result this time around.
Memphis didn’t have too much trouble with the Alabama Crimson Tide at home two weeks ago as they won 92-78. Memphis got double-digit scores from five players: forward DeAndre Williams (20), center Jalen Duren (14), guard Landers Nolley II (13), guard Lester Quinones (12), and guard Tyler Harris (11).
Meanwhile, the contest between the Green Wave and the College of Charleston Cougars three weeks ago was not a total blowout, but with Tulane falling 86-72 at home, it was darn close to turning into one. Guard DeVon Baker had a pretty forgettable game, playing for 31 minutes but putting up just eight points on 3-for-13 shooting.
The Tigers are the favorite in this one, with an expected 6.5-point margin of victory. But bettors beware: they are only 2-6 against the spread when favored.
Memphis’ win lifted them to 6-4 while Tulane’s loss dropped them down to 3-6. Two weeks ago Memphis relied heavily on DeAndre Williams, who had 20 points and six assists. It will be up to Tulane’s defense to limit his damage.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Fogelman Arena in Devlin Fieldhouse — New Orleans, Louisiana
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $12.00
The Tigers are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Green Wave, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Tigers as a 9.5-point favorite.
Memphis have won 13 out of their last 14 games against Tulane.
- Feb 24, 2021 – Memphis 61 vs. Tulane 46
- Dec 16, 2020 – Memphis 80 vs. Tulane 74
- Feb 29, 2020 – Memphis 74 vs. Tulane 67
- Dec 30, 2019 – Memphis 84 vs. Tulane 73
- Mar 14, 2019 – Memphis 83 vs. Tulane 68
- Feb 20, 2019 – Memphis 102 vs. Tulane 76
- Jan 13, 2019 – Memphis 83 vs. Tulane 79
- Feb 17, 2018 – Memphis 68 vs. Tulane 63
- Jan 09, 2018 – Memphis 96 vs. Tulane 89
- Mar 02, 2017 – Memphis 92 vs. Tulane 70
- Jan 08, 2017 – Memphis 80 vs. Tulane 59
- Mar 12, 2016 – Memphis 74 vs. Tulane 54
- Feb 13, 2016 – Tulane 94 vs. Memphis 87
- Dec 29, 2015 – Memphis 77 vs. Tulane 65
Injury Report for Tulane
- Jalen Cook: Game-Time Decision (Hamstring)
Injury Report for Memphis
- Chandler Lawson: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Earl Timberlake: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Emoni Bates: Game-Time Decision (Finger)
- DeAndre Williams: Out (Undisclosed)
- Jalen Duren: Out (Undisclosed)
- John Camden: Out (Foot)