UT Martin @ Austin Peay
Current Records: UT Martin 4-8; Austin Peay 4-6
What to Know
The Austin Peay Governors will be returning home after a three-game road trip. The Governors and the UT Martin Skyhawks will face off in an Ohio Valley battle at 8:30 p.m. ET on Thursday at Winfield Dunn Center. The teams split their matchups last year, with UT Martin winning the first 76-75 at home and Austin Peay taking the second 71-50.
A win for Austin Peay just wasn’t in the stars two weeks ago as the squad never even grasped a temporary lead. They have to be aching after a bruising 77-51 loss to the Vanderbilt Commodores. The losing side was boosted by guard Caleb Stone-Carrawell, who had 16 points. Stone-Carrawell had some trouble finding his footing against the South Florida Bulls two weeks ago, so this was a step in the right direction.
Meanwhile, UT Martin was expected to have a tough go of it last week, and, well, they did. They found themselves the reluctant recipients of an unfortunate 80-54 punch to the gut against the Drake Bulldogs.
Austin Peay is the favorite in this one, with an expected 5.5-point margin of victory. Now might not be the best time to take the Governors against the spread since they’ve let down bettors for the past three consecutive games.
Austin Peay is now 4-6 while the Skyhawks sit at 4-8. A pair of defensive stats to keep an eye on: Austin Peay has allowed their opponents to shoot 47% from the floor on average, which is the eighth highest shooting percentage allowed in college basketball. UT Martin has experienced some struggles of their own as they are 44th worst in college basketball in points allowed per game, with 74.4 on average. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Winfield Dunn Center — Clarksville, Tennessee
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Governors are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Skyhawks, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Governors as a 6.5-point favorite.
Austin Peay have won eight out of their last 13 games against UT Martin.
- Feb 11, 2021 – Austin Peay 71 vs. UT Martin 50
- Feb 08, 2021 – UT Martin 76 vs. Austin Peay 75
- Jan 18, 2020 – Austin Peay 92 vs. UT Martin 81
- Jan 04, 2020 – Austin Peay 82 vs. UT Martin 63
- Feb 23, 2019 – Austin Peay 92 vs. UT Martin 78
- Jan 12, 2019 – Austin Peay 72 vs. UT Martin 70
- Feb 01, 2018 – Austin Peay 59 vs. UT Martin 57
- Jan 04, 2018 – Austin Peay 75 vs. UT Martin 69
- Feb 23, 2017 – UT Martin 76 vs. Austin Peay 72
- Jan 26, 2017 – UT Martin 85 vs. Austin Peay 79
- Mar 05, 2016 – Austin Peay 83 vs. UT Martin 73
- Feb 13, 2016 – UT Martin 85 vs. Austin Peay 84
- Feb 04, 2016 – UT Martin 86 vs. Austin Peay 77