How to watch Raptors vs. Clippers basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Los Angeles @ Toronto
Current Records: Los Angeles 18-17; Toronto 14-17
What to Know
The Toronto Raptors haven’t won a matchup against the Los Angeles Clippers since Feb. 3 of 2019, but they’ll be looking to end the drought Friday. Toronto will take on Los Angeles at 7:30 p.m. ET at Scotiabank Arena after having had a few days off. The Clippers will be strutting in after a victory while Toronto will be stumbling in from a defeat.
Toronto was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap on Tuesday as they fell 114-109 to the Philadelphia 76ers. Point guard Malachi Flynn had a pretty forgettable game, finishing with only six points on 2-for-12 shooting in his 32 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, Los Angeles was able to grind out a solid win over the Boston Celtics on Wednesday, winning 91-82. Power forward Marcus Morris (23 points) was the top scorer for Los Angeles.
The Raptors are the favorite in this one, with an expected 5.5-point margin of victory. Those playing the odds have seen things go back and forth with Toronto, who are 15-16 against the spread.
Toronto is now 14-17 while Los Angeles sits at 18-17. Two stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Toronto enters the contest with 9.1 steals per game on average, good for third best in the league. Less enviably, the Clippers have allowed their opponents an average of 8.6 steals per game, the fifth most in the league. In other words, they will need to work extra hard to take care of the ball.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Scotiabank Arena — Toronto, Ontario
- TV: Bally Sports SoCal
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $93.50
The Raptors are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Clippers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 5.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Los Angeles have won seven out of their last 12 games against Toronto.
- May 11, 2021 – Los Angeles 115 vs. Toronto 96
- May 04, 2021 – Los Angeles 105 vs. Toronto 100
- Dec 11, 2019 – Los Angeles 112 vs. Toronto 92
- Nov 11, 2019 – Los Angeles 98 vs. Toronto 88
- Feb 03, 2019 – Toronto 121 vs. Los Angeles 103
- Dec 11, 2018 – Toronto 123 vs. Los Angeles 99
- Mar 25, 2018 – Los Angeles 117 vs. Toronto 106
- Dec 11, 2017 – Los Angeles 96 vs. Toronto 91
- Feb 06, 2017 – Toronto 118 vs. Los Angeles 109
- Nov 21, 2016 – Los Angeles 123 vs. Toronto 115
- Jan 24, 2016 – Toronto 112 vs. Los Angeles 94
- Nov 22, 2015 – Toronto 91 vs. Los Angeles 80