Delaware @ College of Charleston
Current Records: Delaware 9-5; College of Charleston 8-4
What to Know
The Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens are 3-11 against the College of Charleston Cougars since January of 2016, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit Friday. Delaware and College of Charleston will face off in a Colonial battle at 2 p.m. ET at TD Arena. The teams split their matchups last year, with the Fightin’ Blue Hens winning the first 70-67 at home on the road and College of Charleston taking the second 66-59.
It was close but no cigar for Delaware as they fell 70-68 to the UNC-Wilmington Seahawks on Wednesday. The losing side was boosted by forward Dylan Painter, who had 22 points along with nine rebounds.
Speaking of close games: College of Charleston was expected to lose against the Old Dominion Monarchs last week, but instead they received a nice stocking stuffer. The Cougars ultimately received the gift of an 82-80 victory from a begrudging Old Dominion squad.
The Fightin’ Blue Hens are expected to lose this next one by 3. The smart bettors have been the ones to keep their money on Delaware’s opponents whenever they hit the road.
College of Charleston’s win lifted them to 8-4 while Delaware’s loss dropped them down to 9-5. We’ll see if College of Charleston can repeat their recent success or if Delaware bounces back and reverse their fortune.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 2 p.m. ET
- Where: TD Arena — Charleston, South Carolina
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Cougars are a 3-point favorite against the Fightin’ Blue Hens, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 3-point spread, and stayed right there.
College of Charleston have won 11 out of their last 14 games against Delaware.
- Jan 03, 2021 – College of Charleston 66 vs. Delaware 59
- Jan 02, 2021 – Delaware 70 vs. College of Charleston 67
- Mar 08, 2020 – Delaware 79 vs. College of Charleston 67
- Feb 27, 2020 – College of Charleston 80 vs. Delaware 71
- Dec 30, 2019 – College of Charleston 75 vs. Delaware 63
- Feb 07, 2019 – College of Charleston 83 vs. Delaware 75
- Jan 12, 2019 – College of Charleston 71 vs. Delaware 58
- Jan 25, 2018 – College of Charleston 62 vs. Delaware 54
- Jan 02, 2018 – College of Charleston 93 vs. Delaware 78
- Feb 23, 2017 – College of Charleston 78 vs. Delaware 65
- Jan 02, 2017 – College of Charleston 65 vs. Delaware 56
- Mar 04, 2016 – College of Charleston 67 vs. Delaware 63
- Feb 18, 2016 – Delaware 62 vs. College of Charleston 59
- Jan 23, 2016 – College of Charleston 59 vs. Delaware 58
Injury Report for College of Charleston
- John Meeks: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Keegan Harvey: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for Delaware
No Injury Information