Northeastern @ William & Mary
Current Records: Northeastern 6-6; William & Mary 2-12
What to Know
The William & Mary Tribe and the Northeastern Huskies will face off in a Colonial clash at 2 p.m. ET Dec. 31 at Kaplan Arena. William & Mary will be strutting in after a victory while Northeastern will be stumbling in from a defeat.
The Hofstra Pride typically have all the answers at home, but on Wednesday the Tribe proved too difficult a challenge. William & Mary escaped with a win by the margin of a single free throw, 63-62.
Meanwhile, Northeastern’s 2021 ended with a 79-62 loss against the Elon Phoenix on Wednesday. The top scorers for Northeastern were guard Jahmyl Telfort (16 points) and guard Tyreek Scott-Grayson (15 points).
William & Mary have to know they’ll be fighting an uphill battle given the 10 point spread they are up against. Those who got lucky with them against the spread on Wednesday might want to hold off on placing bets this time since the team has yet to string together back-to-back wins against the spread.
The Tribe’s win brought them up to 2-12 while the Huskies’ defeat pulled them down to 6-6. A couple stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: William & Mary is stumbling into the matchup with the 356th most turnovers per game in college basketball, having accrued 17.8 on average. Northeastern has experienced some struggles of their own as they are worst in college basketball in takeaways, with only 10.1 on average. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 2 p.m. ET
- Where: Kaplan Arena — Williamsburg, Virginia
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Huskies are a big 10-point favorite against the Tribe, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Huskies, as the game opened with the Huskies as an 8.5-point favorite.
Northeastern have won six out of their last 11 games against William & Mary.
- Mar 07, 2021 – Northeastern 63 vs. William & Mary 47
- Jan 30, 2020 – William & Mary 59 vs. Northeastern 58
- Jan 04, 2020 – William & Mary 66 vs. Northeastern 64
- Feb 07, 2019 – Northeastern 72 vs. William & Mary 60
- Jan 12, 2019 – Northeastern 90 vs. William & Mary 70
- Feb 17, 2018 – Northeastern 69 vs. William & Mary 67
- Jan 18, 2018 – Northeastern 90 vs. William & Mary 70
- Feb 02, 2017 – William & Mary 94 vs. Northeastern 69
- Dec 31, 2016 – Northeastern 84 vs. William & Mary 64
- Feb 04, 2016 – William & Mary 86 vs. Northeastern 77
- Jan 09, 2016 – William & Mary 78 vs. Northeastern 60
Injury Report for William & Mary
No Injury Information
Injury Report for Northeastern
- Shaquille Walters: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Joe Pridgen: Out (Not Injury Related)