How to watch Holy Cross vs. Navy basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Navy @ Holy Cross
Current Records: Navy 7-4; Holy Cross 2-10
What to Know
The Holy Cross Crusaders and the Navy Midshipmen will face off in a Patriot clash at 2 p.m. ET Jan. 1 at Hart Recreation Center. Neither the Crusaders nor Navy could muster much offensive firepower in their last games, so look to the defense to decide this one.
Holy Cross came up short against the Harvard Crimson last week, falling 62-54.
Meanwhile, the matchup between Navy and the Towson Tigers last Wednesday was not a total blowout, but with Navy falling 69-52 at home, it was darn close to turning into one.
Holy Cross have to know they’ll be fighting an uphill battle given the 11.50 point spread they are up against. Those who got lucky with them against the spread last week might want to hold off on placing bets this time since the team has yet to string together back-to-back wins against the spread.
The losses put the Crusaders at 2-10 and the Midshipmen at 7-4. Two defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Holy Cross has allowed their opponents to shoot 46.90% from the floor on average, which is the seventh highest shooting percentage allowed in college basketball. Navy’s defense has more to brag about, as they they enter the contest with only 58.9 points allowed per game on average, good for 19th best in college basketball. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 2 p.m. ET
- Where: Hart Recreation Center — Worcester, Massachusetts
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Midshipmen are a big 11.5-point favorite against the Crusaders, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Midshipmen as a 12-point favorite.
Navy have won seven out of their last 12 games against Holy Cross.
- Jan 29, 2020 – Navy 81 vs. Holy Cross 66
- Jan 05, 2020 – Holy Cross 63 vs. Navy 61
- Jan 26, 2019 – Holy Cross 69 vs. Navy 64
- Jan 06, 2019 – Navy 50 vs. Holy Cross 48
- Mar 01, 2018 – Holy Cross 81 vs. Navy 65
- Feb 07, 2018 – Navy 69 vs. Holy Cross 34
- Jan 11, 2018 – Navy 61 vs. Holy Cross 56
- Mar 02, 2017 – Navy 49 vs. Holy Cross 42
- Jan 28, 2017 – Navy 60 vs. Holy Cross 47
- Jan 02, 2017 – Holy Cross 51 vs. Navy 50
- Jan 30, 2016 – Holy Cross 87 vs. Navy 80
- Jan 02, 2016 – Navy 65 vs. Holy Cross 60