How to watch Thunder vs. Knicks basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
New York @ Oklahoma City
Current Records: New York 17-18; Oklahoma City 12-22
What to Know
The New York Knicks’ road trip will continue as they head to Paycom Center at 8 p.m. ET on Friday to face off against the Oklahoma City Thunder. The Knicks should still be feeling good after a victory, while Oklahoma City will be looking to regain their footing.
New York was able to grind out a solid win over the Detroit Pistons on Wednesday, winning 94-85. New York’s shooting guard Alec Burks was one of the most active players for the squad, shooting 5-for-8 from downtown and finishing with 34 points. Burks had some trouble finding his footing against the Minnesota Timberwolves on Tuesday, so this was a step in the right direction. Burks’ points were the most he has had all season.
Meanwhile, OKC’s 2021 ended with a 115-97 defeat against the Phoenix Suns on Wednesday. Small forward Luguentz Dort had a pretty forgettable game, finishing with only nine points on 3-for-18 shooting in his 35 minutes on the court.
The Knicks are the favorite in this one, with an expected 4-point margin of victory. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a three-game streak of ATS wins.
New York is now 17-18 while Oklahoma City sits at 12-22. Two stats to keep an eye on: New York have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 43.80%, which places them fourth in the league. Less enviably, OKC has only been able to knock down 41.40% percent of their shots, which is the second lowest field goal percentage in the league. So the cards are definitely stacked against the Thunder.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Paycom Center — Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- TV: Bally Sports Oklahoma
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $17.00
The Knicks are a 4-point favorite against the Thunder, according to the latest NBA odds.
Bettors have moved against the Knicks slightly, as the game opened with the Knicks as a 6-point favorite.
Oklahoma City have won eight out of their last 11 games against New York.
- Mar 13, 2021 – New York 119 vs. Oklahoma City 97
- Jan 08, 2021 – Oklahoma City 101 vs. New York 89
- Mar 06, 2020 – Oklahoma City 126 vs. New York 103
- Jan 21, 2019 – Oklahoma City 127 vs. New York 109
- Nov 14, 2018 – Oklahoma City 128 vs. New York 103
- Dec 16, 2017 – New York 111 vs. Oklahoma City 96
- Oct 19, 2017 – Oklahoma City 105 vs. New York 84
- Feb 15, 2017 – Oklahoma City 116 vs. New York 105
- Nov 28, 2016 – Oklahoma City 112 vs. New York 103
- Jan 26, 2016 – Oklahoma City 128 vs. New York 122
- Nov 20, 2015 – New York 93 vs. Oklahoma City 90
Injury Report for Oklahoma City
- Tre Mann: Out (Covid-19)
- Vit Krejci: Out (Ankle)
- Darius Bazley: Out (Covid-19)
- Jeremiah Robinson-Earl: Out (Covid-19)
- Josh Giddey: Out (Covid-19)
Injury Report for New York
- Nerlens Noel: Out (Covid-19)
- Danuel House Jr.: Out (Finger)
- Jericho Sims: Out (Covid-19)
- Matt Mooney: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Wayne, Selden Jr.: Out (Covid-19)
- Julius Randle: Out (Covid-19)
- Derrick Rose: Out (Ankle)