Ohio @ Western Michigan
Current Records: Ohio 9-2; Western Michigan 4-8
What to Know
The Western Michigan Broncos will be returning home after a two-game road trip. WMU and the Ohio Bobcats will face off in a Mid-American battle at 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday at University Arena in Read Fieldhouse. Ohio will be strutting in after a win while the Broncos will be stumbling in from a loss.
WMU has to be hurting after a devastating 83-56 defeat at the hands of the Toledo Rockets on Wednesday. WMU was surely aware of their 17.5-point disadvantage in the point spread, but the foreknowledge did nothing to prevent the result.
Meanwhile, the stars were brightly shining for Ohio in an 85-70 victory over the South Carolina Upstate Spartans last week.
WMU is now 4-8 while the Bobcats sit at 9-2. Two defensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: The Broncos are fifth worst in college basketball in points allowed per game, with 79.5 on average. Ohio has experienced some struggles of their own as they have allowed their opponents to shoot 45.10% from the floor on average, which is the 45th highest shooting percentage allowed in college basketball. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 3:30 p.m. ET
- Where: University Arena in Read Fieldhouse — Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Follow: CBS Sports App
Ohio have won five out of their last eight games against Western Michigan.
- Jan 26, 2021 – Ohio 81 vs. Western Michigan 58
- Feb 11, 2020 – Ohio 73 vs. Western Michigan 61
- Jan 04, 2020 – Western Michigan 77 vs. Ohio 65
- Jan 22, 2019 – Ohio 81 vs. Western Michigan 76
- Feb 10, 2018 – Western Michigan 69 vs. Ohio 60
- Jan 31, 2017 – Western Michigan 90 vs. Ohio 85
- Jan 03, 2017 – Ohio 89 vs. Western Michigan 58
- Jan 19, 2016 – Ohio 82 vs. Western Michigan 64