How to watch Seton Hall vs. Villanova basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Villanova @ Seton Hall
Current Records: Villanova 8-4; Seton Hall 9-2
What to Know
The #22 Villanova Wildcats won both of their matches against the #15 Seton Hall Pirates last season (76-74 and 80-72) and are aiming for the same result Saturday. The Wildcats and Seton Hall will face off in a Big East battle at 2 p.m. ET at Prudential Center.
The stars were brightly shining for Villanova in a 71-58 victory over the Xavier Musketeers last week. Villanova’s success was the result of a balanced attack that saw several players step up, but forward Eric Dixon led the charge as he had 15 points along with eight rebounds.
Meanwhile, Seton Hall was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap on Wednesday as they fell 70-65 to the Providence Friars. Guard Jared Rhoden wasn’t much of a difference maker for Seton Hall; Rhoden finished with ten points on 4-for-12 shooting in his 31 minutes on the court.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Wildcats are expected to win a tight contest. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (6-3), so they might be worth a quick bet.
Villanova’s win lifted them to 8-4 while Seton Hall’s loss dropped them down to 9-2. We’ll see if Villanova can repeat their recent success or if the Pirates bounce back and reverse their fortune.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 2 p.m. ET
- Where: Prudential Center — Newark, New Jersey
- TV: CBS
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $65.46
The Wildcats are a slight 1-point favorite against the Pirates, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 1-point spread, and stayed right there.
Villanova have won 12 out of their last 15 games against Seton Hall.
- Jan 30, 2021 – Villanova 80 vs. Seton Hall 72
- Jan 19, 2021 – Villanova 76 vs. Seton Hall 74
- Mar 04, 2020 – Villanova 79 vs. Seton Hall 77
- Feb 08, 2020 – Seton Hall 70 vs. Villanova 64
- Mar 16, 2019 – Villanova 74 vs. Seton Hall 72
- Mar 09, 2019 – Seton Hall 79 vs. Villanova 75
- Jan 27, 2019 – Villanova 80 vs. Seton Hall 52
- Feb 28, 2018 – Villanova 69 vs. Seton Hall 68
- Feb 04, 2018 – Villanova 92 vs. Seton Hall 76
- Mar 10, 2017 – Villanova 55 vs. Seton Hall 53
- Feb 18, 2017 – Villanova 92 vs. Seton Hall 70
- Jan 16, 2017 – Villanova 76 vs. Seton Hall 46
- Mar 12, 2016 – Seton Hall 69 vs. Villanova 67
- Jan 20, 2016 – Villanova 72 vs. Seton Hall 71
- Jan 06, 2016 – Villanova 72 vs. Seton Hall 63
Injury Report for Seton Hall
- Ike Obiagu: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Tyrese Samuel: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Sylwester Granda: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)
- Brandon Weston: Game-Time Decision (Illness)
- Ryan Conway: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)
- Tyler Powell: Game-Time Decision (Illness)
- Jahari Long: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Villanova
- Caleb Daniels: Out (Not Injury Related)