Virginia @ Syracuse
Current Records: Virginia 7-5; Syracuse 7-5
What to Know
The Virginia Cavaliers won both of their matches against the Syracuse Orange last season (81-58 and 72-69) and are aiming for the same result Saturday. Virginia and ‘Cuse will face off in an ACC battle at 6 p.m. ET at Carrier Dome. Coming off of a loss in a game they were expected to win, the Cavaliers nows face the more daunting task of proving themselves against unfavorable odds.
It looks like Virginia must have gotten on Santa’s naughty list since the team didn’t end up with the win they were expected to receive last week. They took a hard 67-50 fall against the Clemson Tigers. The losing side was boosted by guard Reece Beekman, who had 20 points.
Meanwhile, ‘Cuse wrapped up 2021 with an 80-68 victory over the Cornell Big Red. Among those leading the charge for ‘Cuse was forward Cole Swider, who had 21 points along with five rebounds.
The Cavaliers are expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the Navy Midshipmen Nov. 9 easily too and instead slipped up with a 66-58. In other words, don’t count the Orange out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 6 p.m. ET
- Where: Carrier Dome — Syracuse, New York
- TV: ACC Network
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $19.00
The Orange are a 4-point favorite against the Cavaliers, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 4-point spread, and stayed right there.
Virginia have won seven out of their last ten games against Syracuse.
- Mar 11, 2021 – Virginia 72 vs. Syracuse 69
- Jan 25, 2021 – Virginia 81 vs. Syracuse 58
- Jan 11, 2020 – Syracuse 63 vs. Virginia 55
- Nov 06, 2019 – Virginia 48 vs. Syracuse 34
- Mar 04, 2019 – Virginia 79 vs. Syracuse 53
- Feb 03, 2018 – Virginia 59 vs. Syracuse 44
- Jan 09, 2018 – Virginia 68 vs. Syracuse 61
- Feb 04, 2017 – Syracuse 66 vs. Virginia 62
- Mar 27, 2016 – Syracuse 68 vs. Virginia 62
- Jan 24, 2016 – Virginia 73 vs. Syracuse 65