Louisiana-Monroe @ App. State
Current Records: Louisiana-Monroe 8-5; App. State 6-8
What to Know
A Sun Belt battle is on tap between the App. State Mountaineers and the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks at 4 p.m. ET Saturday at Holmes Convocation Center. Both teams took a loss in their last game, so they’ll have plenty of motivation to get the ‘W.’
Appalachian State’s 2021 ended with a 71-55 defeat against the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns on Thursday.
Meanwhile, Louisiana-Monroe found themselves the reluctant recipients of an unpleasant 94-64 punch to the gut against the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers on Thursday.
The Mountaineers are the favorite in this one, with an expected 4.5-point margin of victory. But bettors beware: they are only 1-3 against the spread when favored.
Appalachian State is now 6-8 while Louisiana-Monroe sits at 8-5. A couple numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Appalachian State ranks 16th in college basketball when it comes to steals given up per game, with only 4.9 on average. But the Warhawks come into the contest boasting the 33rd most steals per game in college basketball at 9.4. Ball control might end up being a major factor in this one.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 4 p.m. ET
- Where: Holmes Convocation Center — Boone, North Carolina
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Mountaineers are a 4.5-point favorite against the Warhawks, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Mountaineers as a 5-point favorite.
Louisiana-Monroe have won five out of their last eight games against App. State.
- Mar 03, 2020 – App. State 61 vs. Louisiana-Monroe 57
- Mar 12, 2019 – Louisiana-Monroe 89 vs. App. State 80
- Feb 28, 2019 – Louisiana-Monroe 81 vs. App. State 75
- Feb 02, 2019 – App. State 85 vs. Louisiana-Monroe 84
- Jan 06, 2018 – App. State 79 vs. Louisiana-Monroe 73
- Feb 25, 2017 – Louisiana-Monroe 75 vs. App. State 64
- Feb 06, 2016 – Louisiana-Monroe 91 vs. App. State 90
- Dec 31, 2015 – Louisiana-Monroe 72 vs. App. State 56
Injury Report for App. State
- Justin Forrest: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
Injury Report for Louisiana-Monroe
No Injury Information