Through 3 Quarters
The Milwaukee Bucks are just one quarter away from delivering their fans the win they’ve been expecting. It’s looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the New Orleans Pelicans as Milwaukee lead 96-82.
The Bucks have been led by power forward Giannis Antetokounmpo, who so far has dropped a double-double on 24 points and 11 boards in addition to seven assists. The top scorers for New Orleans have been center Jaxson Hayes (15 points) and small forward Garrett Temple (14 points).
the Pelicans have lost 87% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this season, so this one seems just about wrapped up
New Orleans @ Milwaukee
Current Records: New Orleans 13-22; Milwaukee 24-13
What to Know
The New Orleans Pelicans will take on the Milwaukee Bucks at 6:30 p.m. ET Saturday at Fiserv Forum after having had a few days off. Both teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
The Pelicans were expected to lose against the Cleveland Cavaliers on Tuesday, but instead they received a nice stocking stuffer. New Orleans ultimately received the gift of a 108-104 win from a begrudging Cleveland squad. The victory came about thanks to a strong surge after the first quarter to overcome a 39-20 deficit. New Orleans’ power forward Herbert Jones looked sharp as he had 26 points along with seven rebounds and three blocks.
Meanwhile, Milwaukee wrapped up 2021 with a 136-118 victory over the Orlando Magic. Milwaukee relied on the efforts of point guard Jrue Holiday, who had 25 points and seven assists in addition to five boards, and power forward Giannis Antetokounmpo, who posted a double-double on 33 points and 12 boards along with five assists.
New Orleans have to know they’ll be fighting an uphill battle given the 12.50 point spread they are up against. The smart bettors have been the ones to keep their money on New Orleans’ opponents whenever they hit the road.
The Pelicans came out on top in a nail-biter against the Bucks in the teams’ previous meeting last month, sneaking past 116-112. The rematch might be a little tougher for New Orleans since the team won’t have home-court advantage. We’ll see if the change in venue makes a difference.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 6:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Fiserv Forum — Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- TV: NBATV
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $58.50
The Bucks are a big 12.5-point favorite against the Pelicans, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Bucks, as the game opened with the Bucks as an 11-point favorite.
Milwaukee have won seven out of their last 13 games against New Orleans.
- Dec 17, 2021 – New Orleans 116 vs. Milwaukee 112
- Feb 25, 2021 – Milwaukee 129 vs. New Orleans 125
- Jan 29, 2021 – New Orleans 131 vs. Milwaukee 126
- Feb 04, 2020 – Milwaukee 120 vs. New Orleans 108
- Dec 11, 2019 – Milwaukee 127 vs. New Orleans 112
- Mar 12, 2019 – Milwaukee 130 vs. New Orleans 113
- Dec 19, 2018 – Milwaukee 123 vs. New Orleans 115
- Feb 25, 2018 – New Orleans 123 vs. Milwaukee 121
- Dec 13, 2017 – New Orleans 115 vs. Milwaukee 108
- Nov 10, 2016 – New Orleans 112 vs. Milwaukee 106
- Nov 01, 2016 – Milwaukee 117 vs. New Orleans 113
- Mar 12, 2016 – Milwaukee 103 vs. New Orleans 92
- Jan 23, 2016 – New Orleans 116 vs. Milwaukee 99
Injury Report for Milwaukee
- Khris Middleton: Out (Personal)
- Semi Ojeleye: Out (Covid-19)
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo: Out (Covid-19)
- Brook Lopez: Out (Back)
Injury Report for New Orleans
- Josh Hart: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Brandon Ingram: Out (Achilles)
- Jose Alvarado: Out (Covid-19)
- Jonas Valanciunas: Out (Covid-19)
- Zion Williamson: Out (Foot)
- Kira Lewis Jr.: Out for the Season (Knee)