Massachusetts @ Fordham
Current Records: Massachusetts 7-5; Fordham 8-5
What to Know
The Fordham Rams have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Massachusetts Minutemen and are hoping to record their first win since Feb. 6 of 2019. The Rams and UMass will face off in an Atlantic 10 battle at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday at Rose Hill Gym. Both teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
Fordham beat the La Salle Explorers 69-61 on Thursday. Fordham can attribute much of their success to guard Josh Navarro, who shot 5-for-8 from downtown and finished with 17 points, and guard Darius Quisenberry, who had 19 points.
Meanwhile, it was a close one, but last week UMass sidestepped the Fairfield Stags for a 77-73 victory. Having forecasted a close victory for UMass, the oddsmakers were right on the money. They relied on the efforts of forward Michael Steadman, who had 20 points, and guard Javohn Garcia, who had 13 points. Steadman hadn’t helped his team much against the North Texas Mean Green two weeks ago, so this was a nice turnaround for him.
When the two teams previously met in February, the Rams were in the race but had to settle for second with a 60-54 finish. Maybe they will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the game and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 2 p.m. ET
- Where: Rose Hill Gym — New York, New York
- Follow: CBS Sports App
Fordham have won five out of their last eight games against Massachusetts.
- Feb 03, 2021 – Massachusetts 60 vs. Fordham 54
- Jan 17, 2021 – Massachusetts 65 vs. Fordham 46
- Feb 22, 2020 – Massachusetts 57 vs. Fordham 49
- Feb 06, 2019 – Fordham 85 vs. Massachusetts 67
- Jan 27, 2018 – Fordham 82 vs. Massachusetts 69
- Jan 21, 2017 – Fordham 71 vs. Massachusetts 68
- Feb 17, 2016 – Fordham 76 vs. Massachusetts 66
- Jan 30, 2016 – Fordham 78 vs. Massachusetts 72