Indiana @ Penn State
Current Records: Indiana 10-2; Penn State 5-5
What to Know
The Indiana Hoosiers are 6-2 against the Penn State Nittany Lions since February of 2016, and they’ll have a chance to extend that success on Sunday. The Hoosiers and Penn State will face off in a Big Ten battle at 4 p.m. ET at Bryce Jordan Center. IU will be strutting in after a win while Penn State will be stumbling in from a defeat.
The stars were brightly shining for IU in a 79-61 victory over the Northern Kentucky Norse last Wednesday. IU’s forward Trayce Jackson-Davis did his thing and had 21 points in addition to six rebounds.
Meanwhile, the matchup between the Nittany Lions and the Michigan State Spartans two weeks ago was not a total blowout, but with Penn State falling 80-64 on the road, it was darn close to turning into one. Guard Sam Sessoms had a pretty forgettable game, finishing with 12 points on 6-for-12 shooting in his 26 minutes on the court.
The Hoosiers are now 10-2 while Penn State sits at 5-5. A pair of numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: IU is 27th worst in college basketball in turnovers per game, with 15.5 on average. Penn State has experienced some struggles of their own as they are stumbling into the game with the 355th fewest takeaways in college basketball, having accrued only 9.4 on average. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 4 p.m. ET
- Where: Bryce Jordan Center — University Park, Pennsylvania
- TV: Big Ten Network
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
Indiana have won six out of their last eight games against Penn State.
- Dec 30, 2020 – Indiana 87 vs. Penn State 85
- Feb 23, 2020 – Indiana 68 vs. Penn State 60
- Jan 29, 2020 – Penn State 64 vs. Indiana 49
- Dec 04, 2018 – Indiana 64 vs. Penn State 62
- Jan 09, 2018 – Indiana 74 vs. Penn State 70
- Feb 01, 2017 – Indiana 110 vs. Penn State 102
- Jan 18, 2017 – Indiana 78 vs. Penn State 75
- Feb 06, 2016 – Penn State 68 vs. Indiana 63