Richmond @ Saint Louis
Current Records: Richmond 9-5; Saint Louis 8-4
What to Know
The Richmond Spiders have enjoyed the comforts of home their last three games, but now they must head out on the road. Richmond and the Saint Louis Billikens will face off in an Atlantic 10 battle at 2 p.m. ET Sunday at Chaifetz Arena. The Spiders have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with Saint Louis and are hoping to record their first win since Jan. 30 of 2019.
Richmond entered their matchup against the Saint Joseph’s Hawks this past Thursday without any home losses — but there’s a first time for everything. Richmond suffered a grim 83-56 defeat to Saint Joseph’s. Richmond was probably expecting an easy victory given their 11.5-point advantage in the point spread, but the Hawks gave them no such satisfaction. Forward Grant Golden (14 points) was the top scorer for Richmond.
Meanwhile, Saint Louis was close but no cigar three weeks ago as they fell 74-70 to the Auburn Tigers. Guard Jordan Nesbitt had a pretty forgettable game, finishing with 11 points on 3-for-13 shooting in his 37 minutes on the court.
Both of these teams will be looking to put their recent losses behind them and walk away with a win. We’ll see which team satisfies their hunger and which team leaves with an empty stomach.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 2 p.m. ET
- Where: Chaifetz Arena — St. Louis, Missouri
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Live Stream: CBSSports.com or fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Watch on your Phone: CBS Sports App
- Watch on Connected TV: CBS Sports App on Roku and Fire TV
The Billikens are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Spiders, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Billikens as a 3.5-point favorite.
Saint Louis have won five out of their last eight games against Richmond.
- Feb 26, 2021 – Saint Louis 72 vs. Richmond 67
- Jan 11, 2020 – Saint Louis 74 vs. Richmond 58
- Mar 14, 2019 – Saint Louis 71 vs. Richmond 68
- Jan 30, 2019 – Richmond 84 vs. Saint Louis 81
- Feb 17, 2018 – Saint Louis 72 vs. Richmond 66
- Jan 06, 2018 – Saint Louis 69 vs. Richmond 62
- Mar 04, 2017 – Richmond 72 vs. Saint Louis 62
- Feb 10, 2016 – Richmond 67 vs. Saint Louis 53
Injury Report for Saint Louis
- Rashad Williams: Game-Time Decision (Illness)
- Marten Linssen: Out (Ankle)
- Javonte Perkins: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Richmond
- Malcolm Dread: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
- Jason Nelson: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
- Aidan Noyes: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)