Richmond @ Saint Louis
Current Records: Richmond 9-5; Saint Louis 8-4
What to Know
The Richmond Spiders have enjoyed the comforts of home their last three games, but now they must head out on the road. Richmond and the Saint Louis Billikens will face off in an Atlantic 10 battle at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday at Chaifetz Arena. The Spiders have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with Saint Louis and are hoping to record their first win since Jan. 30 of 2019.
Richmond entered their contest against the Saint Joseph’s Hawks on Thursday without any home losses — but there’s a first time for everything. Richmond’s bruising 83-56 defeat to Saint Joseph’s might stick with them for a while. Richmond was probably expecting an easy victory given their 11.5-point advantage in the point spread, but the Hawks gave them no such satisfaction. The top scorer for Richmond was forward Grant Golden (14 points).
Meanwhile, it was close but no cigar for Saint Louis as they fell 74-70 to the Auburn Tigers last week. One thing holding Saint Louis back was the mediocre play of guard Jordan Nesbitt, who did not have his best game: he played for 37 minutes with 3-for-13 shooting.
Both of these teams will be looking to put their recent losses behind them and walk away with a win. Check back to see which squad is able to work their way into the win column.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 2 p.m. ET
- Where: Chaifetz Arena — St. Louis, Missouri
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Watch on Connected TV: CBS Sports App on Roku and Fire TV
Saint Louis have won five out of their last eight games against Richmond.
- Feb 26, 2021 – Saint Louis 72 vs. Richmond 67
- Jan 11, 2020 – Saint Louis 74 vs. Richmond 58
- Mar 14, 2019 – Saint Louis 71 vs. Richmond 68
- Jan 30, 2019 – Richmond 84 vs. Saint Louis 81
- Feb 17, 2018 – Saint Louis 72 vs. Richmond 66
- Jan 06, 2018 – Saint Louis 69 vs. Richmond 62
- Mar 04, 2017 – Richmond 72 vs. Saint Louis 62
- Feb 10, 2016 – Richmond 67 vs. Saint Louis 53