The first Week 18 in the history of Fantasy Football is a lot like Week 17 used to be, or Week 16 before that. More than 80% of leagues are over, but there’s still plenty to discuss.
We’ll break down DFS more in depth this week, and we’ll start talking 2022. For those of you more interested in 2022, Jamey Eisenberg will have our early 2022 rankings published next week. For those of you interested in. beyond 2022, I’ll have a full Dynasty update the week after that. And yes, for those of you playing Week 18, I have waiver wire adds below.
While Cooper Kupp is the clear No. 1 wide receiver for Week 18, I’d imagine we’re going to have some spirited conversations about him in terms of 2022 and Dynasty value. I could understand anyone ranking him No. 1 in redraft next year, though I’ll probably stick with Davante Adams simply because he’s done it more than once. In Dynasty, I would expect the conversation to be more contentious.
Kupp is already 28 years old and he’ll turn 29 before the 2022 season starts. He’s only six months younger than Adams and he’s older than both Tyreek Hill and Stefon Diggs. I can’t imagine anyone ranking him ahead of Ja’Marr Chase and Justin Jefferson, but after that it gets interesting.
I had Kupp at WR10 in my November update. He’ll be higher than that in a couple of weeks when I do my next update, but I think he’ll still be closer to 10th than first.
Here is the rest of the Week 18 WR Preview:
Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox.
There was an error processing your subscription.
Week 18 WR Preview
The following players are not being projected to play Week 18 at this time. Here’s what it means:
Numbers to Know
- 136 — Cooper Kupp needs 136 yards to break Calvin Johnson’s single-season record for receiving yards.
- 45 — Ja’Marr Chase needs 45 yards to break Bill Groman’s record for most receiving yards as a rookie.
- 61 — Christian Kirk needs 61 yards for his first 1,000-yard season.
- 57 — Amon-Ra St. Brown has seen 57 targets over his last five games.
- 1,000 — Brandin Cooks now has 1,000 yards or more in six of his past seven seasons.
- 11 — Zay Jones has 11 or more Fantasy points in three straight games despite not scoring a touchdown since Week 1.
Matchups that matter
Waiver Wire Targets