Through 2 Quarters
Although the Minnesota Timberwolves came into the game as underdogs, they’re on track to steal the victory from the Los Angeles Clippers. Minnesota is way out in front at halftime with a 64-46 lead over Los Angeles.
The Timberwolves have enjoyed the tag-team combination of power forward Jaden McDaniels and center Naz Reid. The former has 13 points and two assists along with two boards, while the latter has 11 points in addition to three rebounds. Los Angeles has been led by power forward Serge Ibaka, who so far has 15 points in addition to three boards.
This is the first time Minnesota has been ahead going into the third quarter in the past seven games.
Minnesota @ Los Angeles
Current Records: Minnesota 16-20; Los Angeles 19-18
What to Know
The Minnesota Timberwolves haven’t won a matchup against the Los Angeles Clippers since Feb. 8 of 2020, but they’ll be looking to end the drought on Monday. Minnesota might have tired legs after a contest yesterday as they head on the road against Los Angeles at 10:30 p.m. ET Jan. 3 at Crypto.com Arena. The Clippers will be strutting in after a win while the Timberwolves will be stumbling in from a loss.
Minnesota was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap on Sunday as they fell 108-103 to the Los Angeles Lakers. Center Naz Reid (23 points) was the top scorer for Minnesota.
Meanwhile, Los Angeles narrowly escaped with a victory as the team sidled past the Brooklyn Nets 120-116. Among those leading the charge for Los Angeles was shooting guard Eric Bledsoe, who had 27 points.
Minnesota is expected to lose this next one by 3.5. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread, however, as they are currently on a two-game streak of ATS wins.
Minnesota’s defeat took them down to 16-20 while Los Angeles’ victory pulled them up to 19-18. A win for Minnesota would reverse both their bad luck and Los Angeles’ good luck. We’ll see if the Timberwolves manage to pull off that tough task or if the Clippers keep their momentum going instead.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 10:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Crypto.com Arena — Los Angeles, California
- TV: Bally Sports – North
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $7.69
The Clippers are a 3.5-point favorite against the Timberwolves, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Clippers as a 2.5-point favorite.
Los Angeles have won 14 out of their last 23 games against Minnesota.
- Nov 13, 2021 – Los Angeles 129 vs. Minnesota 102
- Nov 05, 2021 – Los Angeles 104 vs. Minnesota 84
- Nov 03, 2021 – Los Angeles 126 vs. Minnesota 115
- Apr 18, 2021 – Los Angeles 124 vs. Minnesota 105
- Feb 10, 2021 – Los Angeles 119 vs. Minnesota 112
- Dec 29, 2020 – Los Angeles 124 vs. Minnesota 101
- Feb 08, 2020 – Minnesota 142 vs. Los Angeles 115
- Feb 01, 2020 – Los Angeles 118 vs. Minnesota 106
- Dec 13, 2019 – Los Angeles 124 vs. Minnesota 117
- Mar 26, 2019 – Los Angeles 122 vs. Minnesota 111
- Feb 11, 2019 – Minnesota 130 vs. Los Angeles 120
- Nov 05, 2018 – Los Angeles 120 vs. Minnesota 109
- Mar 20, 2018 – Minnesota 123 vs. Los Angeles 109
- Jan 22, 2018 – Minnesota 126 vs. Los Angeles 118
- Dec 06, 2017 – Minnesota 113 vs. Los Angeles 107
- Dec 03, 2017 – Minnesota 112 vs. Los Angeles 106
- Mar 08, 2017 – Minnesota 107 vs. Los Angeles 91
- Jan 19, 2017 – Minnesota 104 vs. Los Angeles 101
- Nov 12, 2016 – Los Angeles 119 vs. Minnesota 105
- Mar 30, 2016 – Los Angeles 99 vs. Minnesota 79
- Feb 03, 2016 – Minnesota 108 vs. Los Angeles 102
- Dec 07, 2015 – Los Angeles 110 vs. Minnesota 106
- Nov 29, 2015 – Los Angeles 107 vs. Minnesota 99
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- Nicolas Batum: Out (Ankle)
- Ivica Zubac: Out (Covid-19)
- Luke Kennard: Out (Covid-19)
- Isaiah Hartenstein: Out (Ankle)
- Brandon Boston Jr.: Out (Covid-19)
- Moses Wright: Out (Covid-19)
- Paul George: Out (Elbow)
- Jason Preston: Out (Foot)
- Kawhi Leonard: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Minnesota
- Karl-Anthony Towns: Out (Covid-19)
- D’Angelo Russell: Out (Covid-19)
- McKinley Wright IV: Out (Covid-19)