Through 3 Quarters
Only one more quarter stands between the Utah Jazz and the victory they were favored to collect going into this night. Neither squad has the matchup in the bag, but Utah leads 82-77 over the New Orleans Pelicans.
Point guard Mike Conley has led the way so far for the Jazz, as he has 18 points and six assists along with seven boards. One thing Utah has working against them is foul trouble: Rudy Gobert, Royce O’Neale, and Rudy Gay have all picked up some fouls.
New Orleans has been relying on the performance of center Jonas Valanciunas, who has 21 points in addition to six rebounds. A double-double would be Valanciunas’ third in a row.
New Orleans has lost 88% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this year, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Utah @ New Orleans
Current Records: Utah 26-10; New Orleans 13-23
What to Know
The Utah Jazz have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. They will take on the New Orleans Pelicans at 8 p.m. ET on Monday at Smoothie King Center. The Jazz are expected to win again but are hoping to meet expectations this time.
Utah came up short against the Golden State Warriors this past Saturday, falling 123-116. Center Rudy Gobert put forth a good effort for the losing side as he posted a double-double on 20 points and 19 boards.
Meanwhile, New Orleans was expected to have a tough go of it this past Saturday, and that’s exactly how things played out. 2022 “welcomed” them with a 136-113 beatdown courtesy of the Milwaukee Bucks. Shooting guard Nickeil Alexander-Walker just could not get things rolling his way, playing for 26 minutes with 4-for-16 shooting.
This next contest looks promising for Utah, who are favored by a full 10 points. Now might not be the best time to take Utah against the spread since they’ve let down bettors for the past two consecutive games.
Utah is now 26-10 while the Pelicans sit at 13-23. The Jazz are 6-3 after losses this year, New Orleans 9-13.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Smoothie King Center — New Orleans, Louisiana
- TV: ATTSN Rocky Mountain
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $7.21
The Jazz are a big 10-point favorite against the Pelicans, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Jazz as a 10.5-point favorite.
Utah have won 16 out of their last 23 games against New Orleans.
- Nov 27, 2021 – Utah 127 vs. New Orleans 105
- Nov 26, 2021 – New Orleans 98 vs. Utah 97
- Mar 01, 2021 – New Orleans 129 vs. Utah 124
- Jan 21, 2021 – Utah 129 vs. New Orleans 118
- Jan 19, 2021 – Utah 118 vs. New Orleans 102
- Jul 30, 2020 – Utah 106 vs. New Orleans 104
- Jan 16, 2020 – New Orleans 138 vs. Utah 132
- Jan 06, 2020 – Utah 128 vs. New Orleans 126
- Nov 23, 2019 – Utah 128 vs. New Orleans 120
- Mar 06, 2019 – Utah 114 vs. New Orleans 104
- Mar 04, 2019 – New Orleans 115 vs. Utah 112
- Oct 27, 2018 – Utah 132 vs. New Orleans 111
- Mar 11, 2018 – Utah 116 vs. New Orleans 99
- Feb 05, 2018 – Utah 133 vs. New Orleans 109
- Jan 03, 2018 – New Orleans 108 vs. Utah 98
- Dec 01, 2017 – Utah 114 vs. New Orleans 108
- Mar 27, 2017 – Utah 108 vs. New Orleans 100
- Mar 06, 2017 – Utah 88 vs. New Orleans 83
- Feb 08, 2017 – Utah 127 vs. New Orleans 94
- Mar 05, 2016 – Utah 106 vs. New Orleans 94
- Feb 10, 2016 – New Orleans 100 vs. Utah 96
- Dec 16, 2015 – New Orleans 104 vs. Utah 94
- Nov 28, 2015 – Utah 101 vs. New Orleans 87
Injury Report for New Orleans
- Brandon Ingram: Game-Time Decision (Achilles)
- Tomas Satoransky: Out (Covid-19)
- Zion Williamson: Out (Foot)
- Kira Lewis Jr.: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Utah
- Hassan Whiteside: Out (Concussion)
- Eric Paschall: Out (Personal)
- Udoka Azubuike: Out (Ankle)