Miami @ Golden State
Current Records: Miami 23-14; Golden State 28-7
What to Know
The Golden State Warriors will square off against the Miami Heat at 10 p.m. ET on Monday at Chase Center. Coming off of a win even when the odds were against them, Golden State has to be feeling especially confident now that the spread is in their favor.
The Warriors beat the Utah Jazz 123-116 this past Saturday. Small forward Otto Porter Jr. and point guard Stephen Curry were among the main playmakers for Golden State as the former had 20 points and eight assists in addition to seven boards and the latter shot 6-for-12 from downtown and finished with 28 points, nine dimes and six rebounds.
Meanwhile, it was a hard-fought contest, but Miami had to settle for a 115-113 loss against the Sacramento Kings on Sunday. Miami’s defeat shouldn’t obscure the performances of center Omer Yurtseven, who posted a double-double on 22 points and 16 boards, and point guard Kyle Lowry, who dropped a double-double on 14 points and 12 assists along with five boards. That makes it eight consecutive games in which Yurtseven has had at least 12 rebounds. Yurtseven’s points were the most he has had all season.
This next matchup looks promising for Golden State, who are favored by a full 10.5 points. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (18-9-2), so they might be worth a quick bet.
The Warriors’ win brought them up to 28-7 while the Heat’s defeat pulled them down to 23-14. A pair of defensive stats to keep an eye on: Golden State have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 42.70%, which places them first in the league. As for Miami, they rank third in the league when it comes to points allowed per game, with only 103.9 on average.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Chase Center — San Francisco, California
- TV: NBATV
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $95.00
The Warriors are a big 10.5-point favorite against the Heat, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Warriors, as the game opened with the Warriors as a 9-point favorite.
Golden State have won seven out of their last 12 games against Miami.
- Apr 01, 2021 – Miami 116 vs. Golden State 109
- Feb 17, 2021 – Golden State 120 vs. Miami 112
- Feb 10, 2020 – Miami 113 vs. Golden State 101
- Nov 29, 2019 – Miami 122 vs. Golden State 105
- Feb 27, 2019 – Miami 126 vs. Golden State 125
- Feb 10, 2019 – Golden State 120 vs. Miami 118
- Dec 03, 2017 – Golden State 123 vs. Miami 95
- Nov 06, 2017 – Golden State 97 vs. Miami 80
- Jan 23, 2017 – Miami 105 vs. Golden State 102
- Jan 10, 2017 – Golden State 107 vs. Miami 95
- Feb 24, 2016 – Golden State 118 vs. Miami 112
- Jan 11, 2016 – Golden State 111 vs. Miami 103
Injury Report for Golden State
- Andre Iguodala: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Klay Thompson: Out (Achilles)
- James Wiseman: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Miami
- P.J. Tucker: Game-Time Decision (Covid-19)
- Udonis Haslem: Out (Covid-19)
- Dewayne Dedmon: Out (Knee)
- Gabe Vincent: Out (Covid-19)
- Duncan Robinson: Out (Covid-19)
- Max Strus: Out (Covid-19)
- Marcus Garrett: Out (Covid-19)
- KZ Okpala: Out (Wrist)
- Markieff Morris: Out (Neck)
- Bam Adebayo: Out (Thumb)
- Victor Oladipo: Out (Quadriceps)