How to watch Arkansas-Pine Bluff vs. Alabama State basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Alabama State @ Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Current Records: Alabama State 3-11; Arkansas-Pine Bluff 2-12
What to Know
The Alabama State Hornets’ road trip will continue as they head to H.O. Clemmons Arena at 8:30 p.m. ET Wednesday to face off against the Arkansas-Pine Bluff Golden Lions. The teams split their matchups last year, with Arkansas-Pine Bluff winning the first 91-82 at home and the Hornets taking the second 73-67.
After constant struggles on the road, Alabama State has finally found some success away from home. They walked away with an 84-75 win over the Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils on Monday.
Meanwhile, 2022 “welcomed” the Golden Lions with a 70-50 beatdown courtesy of the Alabama A&M Bulldogs on Monday.
Alabama State is the favorite in this one, with an expected 3.5-point margin of victory. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a three-game streak of ATS wins.
Alabama State is now 3-11 while Arkansas-Pine Bluff sits at 2-12. A couple defensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: The Hornets are stumbling into the game with the fourth most points allowed per game in college basketball, having given up 79.1 on average. The Golden Lions have experienced some struggles of their own as they have allowed their opponents to shoot 51% from the floor on average, which is the 357th highest shooting percentage allowed in college basketball. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Where: H.O. Clemmons Arena — Pine Bluff, Arkansas
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Hornets are a 3.5-point favorite against the Golden Lions, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 3.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Arkansas-Pine Bluff have won eight out of their last 12 games against Alabama State.
- Feb 06, 2021 – Alabama State 73 vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff 67
- Jan 09, 2021 – Arkansas-Pine Bluff 91 vs. Alabama State 82
- Feb 10, 2020 – Alabama State 57 vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff 49
- Jan 13, 2020 – Arkansas-Pine Bluff 61 vs. Alabama State 56
- Feb 09, 2019 – Arkansas-Pine Bluff 75 vs. Alabama State 69
- Jan 12, 2019 – Arkansas-Pine Bluff 82 vs. Alabama State 71
- Feb 05, 2018 – Alabama State 65 vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff 59
- Jan 08, 2018 – Arkansas-Pine Bluff 94 vs. Alabama State 68
- Feb 04, 2017 – Alabama State 77 vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff 65
- Jan 07, 2017 – Arkansas-Pine Bluff 71 vs. Alabama State 63
- Feb 08, 2016 – Arkansas-Pine Bluff 75 vs. Alabama State 70
- Jan 11, 2016 – Arkansas-Pine Bluff 59 vs. Alabama State 55