How to watch Oklahoma State vs. Kansas basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Kansas @ Oklahoma State
Current Records: Kansas 11-1; Oklahoma State 7-4
What to Know
The Oklahoma State Cowboys and the #6 Kansas Jayhawks are set to square off in a Big 12 matchup at 9 p.m. ET Jan. 4 at Gallagher-Iba Arena. The teams split their matchups last year, with the Cowboys winning the first 75-70 at home and Kansas taking the second 78-66.
The matchup between Oklahoma State and the Houston Cougars two weeks ago was not particularly close, with Oklahoma State falling 72-61. Guard Bryce Williams (17 points) was the top scorer for Oklahoma State.
Meanwhile, the George Mason Patriots typically have all the answers at home, but this past Saturday Kansas proved too difficult a challenge. The Jayhawks walked away with a 76-67 victory. They got double-digit scores from four players: guard Jalen Coleman-Lands (20), guard Christian Braun (14), forward Mitch Lightfoot (14), and guard Ochai Agbaji (11). Jalen Coleman-Lands’ performance made up for a slower game against the Nevada Wolf Pack last Wednesday. Coleman-Lands’ points were the most he has had all year.
The Cowboys are expected to lose this next one by 6.5. Now might not be the best time to take Oklahoma State against the spread since they’ve let down bettors for the past five consecutive games.
Kansas’ win lifted them to 11-1 while Oklahoma State’s defeat dropped them down to 7-4. Coleman-Lands will be someone to keep an eye on after he shot 5-for-7 from beyond the arc and finished with 20 points this past Saturday. Let’s see if he can build on that strong performance or if Oklahoma State’s defense can bottle him up.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Gallagher-Iba Arena — Stillwater, Oklahoma
- TV: ESPN2
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $29.99
The Jayhawks are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Cowboys, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 6.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Kansas have won nine out of their last 13 games against Oklahoma State.
- Feb 08, 2021 – Kansas 78 vs. Oklahoma State 66
- Jan 12, 2021 – Oklahoma State 75 vs. Kansas 70
- Feb 24, 2020 – Kansas 83 vs. Oklahoma State 58
- Jan 27, 2020 – Kansas 65 vs. Oklahoma State 50
- Mar 02, 2019 – Kansas 72 vs. Oklahoma State 67
- Feb 09, 2019 – Kansas 84 vs. Oklahoma State 72
- Mar 08, 2018 – Kansas 82 vs. Oklahoma State 68
- Mar 03, 2018 – Oklahoma State 82 vs. Kansas 64
- Feb 03, 2018 – Oklahoma State 84 vs. Kansas 79
- Mar 04, 2017 – Kansas 90 vs. Oklahoma State 85
- Jan 14, 2017 – Kansas 87 vs. Oklahoma State 80
- Feb 15, 2016 – Kansas 94 vs. Oklahoma State 67
- Jan 19, 2016 – Oklahoma State 86 vs. Kansas 67
Injury Report for Oklahoma State
- Chris Harris Jr.: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Moussa Cisse: Game-Time Decision (Personal)
Injury Report for Kansas
- Bobby Pettiford: Game-Time Decision (Abdomen)
- Cam Martin: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
- Dillon Wilhite: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
- Kyle Cuffe Jr.: Out for the Season (Undisclosed)