Vanderbilt @ Arkansas
Current Records: Vanderbilt 8-4; Arkansas 10-3
What to Know
The Arkansas Razorbacks are 9-1 against the Vanderbilt Commodores since January of 2016, and they’ll have a chance to extend that success on Tuesday. The Razorbacks and Vanderbilt will face off in an SEC battle at 8:30 p.m. ET at Bud Walton Arena. Arkansas is out to keep their eight-game home win streak alive.
Arkansas’ 2021 ended with an 81-68 defeat against the Mississippi State Bulldogs last week. Despite the loss, Arkansas got a solid performance out of guard Stanley Umude, who had 19 points. Umude hadn’t helped his team much against the Elon Phoenix two weeks ago, so this was a nice turnaround for him.
Meanwhile, Vanderbilt was expected to lose against the Brigham Young Cougars two weeks ago, but instead they received a nice stocking stuffer. The Commodores ultimately received the gift of a 69-67 win from a begrudging BYU squad. The top scorer for Vanderbilt was guard Scotty Pippen Jr. (23 points).
The Razorbacks are the favorite in this one, with an expected 7.5-point margin of victory. Those playing the odds have seen things go back and forth with Arkansas, who are 6-7 against the spread.
Arkansas is now 10-3 while Vanderbilt sits at 8-4. Two offensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Arkansas comes into the game boasting the 26th most points per game in college basketball at 80.5. Less enviably, the Commodores have only been able to knock down 40.60% percent of their shots, which is the 33rd lowest field goal percentage in college basketball. So the cards are definitely stacked against Vanderbilt.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Bud Walton Arena — Fayetteville, Arkansas
- TV: SEC Network
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $14.00
The Razorbacks are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Commodores, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Razorbacks as a 7-point favorite.
Arkansas have won nine out of their last ten games against Vanderbilt.
- Jan 23, 2021 – Arkansas 92 vs. Vanderbilt 71
- Mar 11, 2020 – Arkansas 86 vs. Vanderbilt 73
- Jan 15, 2020 – Arkansas 75 vs. Vanderbilt 55
- Mar 06, 2019 – Arkansas 84 vs. Vanderbilt 48
- Feb 05, 2019 – Arkansas 69 vs. Vanderbilt 66
- Feb 10, 2018 – Arkansas 72 vs. Vanderbilt 54
- Mar 11, 2017 – Arkansas 76 vs. Vanderbilt 62
- Feb 07, 2017 – Vanderbilt 72 vs. Arkansas 59
- Jan 24, 2017 – Arkansas 71 vs. Vanderbilt 70
- Jan 05, 2016 – Arkansas 90 vs. Vanderbilt 85
Injury Report for Arkansas
- JD Notae: Game-Time Decision (Illness)
- Chance Moore: Game-Time Decision (Illness)
- Kamani Johnson: Out (Suspension)
Injury Report for Vanderbilt
- Shane Dezonie: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Jamaine Mann: Out (Knee)
- Liam Robbins: Out (Foot)