Texas Tech @ Iowa State
Current Records: Texas Tech 10-2; Iowa State 12-1
What to Know
The #11 Iowa State Cyclones haven’t won a game against the #25 Texas Tech Red Raiders since Jan. 16 of 2019, but they’ll be looking to end the drought on Wednesday. The Cyclones’ homestand continues as they prepare to take on Texas Tech at 9 p.m. ET Jan. 5 at James H. Hilton Coliseum. The Red Raiders will be strutting in after a win while Iowa State will be stumbling in from a loss.
Iowa State was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap on Saturday as they fell 77-72 to the Baylor Bears. Despite the defeat, Iowa State got a solid performance out of guard Tristan Enaruna, who had 23 points in addition to eight rebounds.
Meanwhile, Texas Tech ended the year with a bang, routing the Alabama State Hornets 75-53 last Tuesday. The top scorer for Texas Tech was guard Davion Warren (15 points).
The Cyclones are the favorite in this one, with an expected 5-point margin of victory. They are currently three-for-three against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
Iowa State is now 12-1 while Texas Tech sits at 10-2. Two defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Iowa State ranks eighth in college basketball when it comes to points allowed per game, with only 57.7 on average. Texas Tech is not quite as good, but they are no chumps, either: they come into the matchup boasting the 12th fewest points allowed per game in college basketball at 58.2.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: James H. Hilton Coliseum — Ames, Iowa
- TV: ESPN University
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $20.00
The Cyclones are a 5-point favorite against the Red Raiders, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Cyclones as a 1-point favorite.
Texas Tech have won seven out of their last 12 games against Iowa State.
- Mar 04, 2021 – Texas Tech 81 vs. Iowa State 54
- Jan 09, 2021 – Texas Tech 91 vs. Iowa State 64
- Feb 22, 2020 – Texas Tech 87 vs. Iowa State 57
- Jan 18, 2020 – Texas Tech 72 vs. Iowa State 52
- Mar 09, 2019 – Texas Tech 80 vs. Iowa State 73
- Jan 16, 2019 – Iowa State 68 vs. Texas Tech 64
- Feb 07, 2018 – Texas Tech 76 vs. Iowa State 58
- Jan 20, 2018 – Iowa State 70 vs. Texas Tech 52
- Feb 20, 2017 – Iowa State 82 vs. Texas Tech 80
- Dec 30, 2016 – Iowa State 63 vs. Texas Tech 56
- Feb 10, 2016 – Texas Tech 85 vs. Iowa State 82
- Jan 06, 2016 – Iowa State 76 vs. Texas Tech 69
Injury Report for Iowa State
- Jaden Walker: Game-Time Decision (Illness)
- Tre King: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for Texas Tech
- Kevin McCullar: Out (Undisclosed)
- Mylik Wilson: Out (Knee)
- Terrence Shannon Jr.: Out (Back)
- Ethan Duncan: Out for the Season (Undisclosed)