Through 3 Quarters
Both the Indiana Pacers and the Brooklyn Nets have kept the scorekeepers busy with 196 between them three quarters in. a win is still up for grabs for either team, but Indiana is up 101-95
The Pacers have been relying on power forward Domantas Sabonis, who has almost posted a triple-double on 24 points, 11 rebounds, and nine assists, and shooting guard Lance Stephenson, who has 28 points and five assists. One thing to keep an eye out for is Keifer Sykes’ foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Brooklyn has been led by power forward Kevin Durant, who so far has 31 points and four assists along with seven boards.
This is the first time Indiana has been ahead going into the fourth quarter in the past eight games.
Brooklyn @ Indiana
Current Records: Brooklyn 23-12; Indiana 14-24
What to Know
The Indiana Pacers haven’t won a game against the Brooklyn Nets since Nov. 18 of 2019, but they’ll be looking to end the drought Wednesday. Indiana is getting right back to it as they host Brooklyn at 7:30 p.m. ET Jan. 5 at Gainbridge Fieldhouse. Both teams took a loss in their last game, so they’ll have plenty of motivation to get the ‘W.’
It was all tied up 55-55 at halftime, but the Pacers were not quite the New York Knicks’ equal in the second half when they met on Tuesday. Indiana fell to New York 104-94. Despite the loss, Indiana got a solid performance out of point guard Keifer Sykes, who had 22 points and six assists.
Meanwhile, the matchup between the Nets and the Memphis Grizzlies on Monday was not a total blowout, but with Brooklyn falling 118-104 at home, it was darn close to turning into one. Brooklyn was down 96-73 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Power forward Kevin Durant put forth a good effort for the losing side as he had 26 points and six assists along with three blocks.
Indiana is expected to lose this next one by 8.5. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 8-3 against the spread when expected to lose.
Indiana came up short against Brooklyn in the teams’ previous meeting last October, falling 105-98. Maybe the Pacers will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the contest and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Gainbridge Fieldhouse — Indianapolis, Indiana
- TV: Bally Sports Midwest – Indiana
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $29.90
The Nets are a big 8.5-point favorite against the Pacers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Nets as a 5.5-point favorite.
Indiana have won 14 out of their last 22 games against Brooklyn.
- Oct 29, 2021 – Brooklyn 105 vs. Indiana 98
- Apr 29, 2021 – Brooklyn 130 vs. Indiana 113
- Mar 17, 2021 – Brooklyn 124 vs. Indiana 115
- Feb 10, 2021 – Brooklyn 104 vs. Indiana 94
- Feb 10, 2020 – Brooklyn 106 vs. Indiana 105
- Nov 18, 2019 – Indiana 115 vs. Brooklyn 86
- Oct 30, 2019 – Indiana 118 vs. Brooklyn 108
- Apr 07, 2019 – Brooklyn 108 vs. Indiana 96
- Dec 21, 2018 – Indiana 114 vs. Brooklyn 106
- Oct 20, 2018 – Indiana 132 vs. Brooklyn 112
- Feb 14, 2018 – Indiana 108 vs. Brooklyn 103
- Dec 23, 2017 – Indiana 123 vs. Brooklyn 119
- Dec 17, 2017 – Indiana 109 vs. Brooklyn 97
- Oct 18, 2017 – Indiana 140 vs. Brooklyn 131
- Feb 03, 2017 – Indiana 106 vs. Brooklyn 97
- Jan 05, 2017 – Indiana 121 vs. Brooklyn 109
- Nov 25, 2016 – Indiana 118 vs. Brooklyn 97
- Oct 28, 2016 – Brooklyn 103 vs. Indiana 94
- Apr 10, 2016 – Indiana 129 vs. Brooklyn 105
- Mar 26, 2016 – Brooklyn 120 vs. Indiana 110
- Feb 03, 2016 – Indiana 114 vs. Brooklyn 100
- Dec 18, 2015 – Indiana 104 vs. Brooklyn 97
Injury Report for Indiana
- Malcolm Brogdon: Out (Achilles)
- Jeremy Lamb: Out (Covid-19)
- Caris LeVert: Out (Covid-19)
- Kelan Martin: Out (Covid-19)
- Torrey Craig: Out (Groin)
- Goga Bitadze: Out (Covid-19)
- Chris Duarte: Out (Covid-19)
- Isaiah Jackson: Out (Covid-19)
- T.J. Warren: Out (Foot)
- T.J. McConnell: Out (Wrist)
Injury Report for Brooklyn
- Joe Harris: Out (Ankle)