New Jersey Tech @ UMass Lowell
Current Records: New Jersey Tech 6-5; UMass Lowell 8-5
What to Know
Get ready for an America East battle as the New Jersey Tech Highlanders and the UMass Lowell River Hawks will face off at 6 p.m. ET on Thursday at Costello Athletic Center. The teams split their matchups last year, with New Jersey Tech winning the first 73-67 and UMass Lowell taking the second 74-60.
It was a close one, but on Sunday the Highlanders sidestepped the Maine Black Bears for a 69-66 win. The overall outcome was to be expected, but Maine made it more of a matchup than the oddsmakers had predicted.
Meanwhile, UMass Lowell was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap on Sunday as they fell 68-63 to the Binghamton Bearcats.
New Jersey Tech’s victory brought them up to 6-5 while the River Hawks’ defeat pulled them down to 8-5. A couple stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Highlanders have only been able to knock down 40% percent of their shots, which is the 22nd lowest field goal percentage in college basketball. UMass Lowell’s defense has more to brag about, as they they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 38.40%, which places them 25th in college basketball.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 6 p.m. ET
- Where: Costello Athletic Center — Lowell, Massachusetts
- Follow: CBS Sports App
New Jersey Tech have won four out of their last seven games against UMass Lowell.
- Jan 03, 2021 – UMass Lowell 74 vs. New Jersey Tech 60
- Jan 02, 2021 – New Jersey Tech 73 vs. UMass Lowell 67
- Dec 11, 2019 – UMass Lowell 72 vs. New Jersey Tech 66
- Dec 01, 2018 – UMass Lowell 94 vs. New Jersey Tech 71
- Dec 03, 2017 – New Jersey Tech 78 vs. UMass Lowell 65
- Dec 03, 2016 – New Jersey Tech 75 vs. UMass Lowell 74
- Dec 05, 2015 – New Jersey Tech 90 vs. UMass Lowell 77