Creighton @ Villanova
Current Records: Creighton 10-3; Villanova 9-4
What to Know
The Creighton Bluejays’ road trip will continue as they head to Finneran Pavilion at 8:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday to face off against the #19 Villanova Wildcats. Both teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
Creighton didn’t have too much breathing room in their contest with the Marquette Golden Eagles on Saturday, but they still walked away with a 75-69 victory. The Bluejays got double-digit scores from four players: center Ryan Kalkbrenner (20), forward Ryan Hawkins (18), guard Alex O’Connell (17), and guard Ryan Nembhard (11). That makes it three consecutive games in which Ryan Hawkins has had at least ten rebounds.
Meanwhile, even if it wasn’t a dominant performance, the Wildcats beat the Seton Hall Pirates 73-67 on Saturday. Among those leading the charge for Villanova was forward Brandon Slater, who had 17 points in addition to seven rebounds.
Creighton have to know they’ll be fighting an uphill battle given the 10.50 point spread they are up against. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 3-1 against the spread when expected to lose.
The wins brought Creighton up to 10-3 and Villanova to 9-4. A pair of stats to keep an eye on: The Bluejays are 124th worst in college basketball in takeaways, with only 11.5 on average. To make matters even worse for Creighton, the Wildcats enter the game with only 9.3 turnovers per game on average, good for seventh best in college basketball. So the cards are definitely stacked in Villanova’s favor.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Finneran Pavilion — Villanova, Pennsylvania
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $105.00
The Wildcats are a big 10.5-point favorite against the Bluejays, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Wildcats as an 11-point favorite.
Villanova have won ten out of their last 14 games against Creighton.
- Dec 17, 2021 – Creighton 79 vs. Villanova 59
- Mar 03, 2021 – Villanova 72 vs. Creighton 60
- Feb 13, 2021 – Creighton 86 vs. Villanova 70
- Feb 01, 2020 – Creighton 76 vs. Villanova 61
- Jan 07, 2020 – Villanova 64 vs. Creighton 59
- Feb 06, 2019 – Villanova 66 vs. Creighton 59
- Jan 13, 2019 – Villanova 90 vs. Creighton 78
- Feb 24, 2018 – Creighton 89 vs. Villanova 83
- Feb 01, 2018 – Villanova 98 vs. Creighton 78
- Mar 11, 2017 – Villanova 74 vs. Creighton 60
- Feb 25, 2017 – Villanova 79 vs. Creighton 63
- Dec 31, 2016 – Villanova 80 vs. Creighton 70
- Feb 03, 2016 – Villanova 83 vs. Creighton 58
- Jan 02, 2016 – Villanova 85 vs. Creighton 71
Injury Report for Villanova
- Caleb Daniels: Out (Illness)
Injury Report for Creighton
- Shereef Mitchell: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)