Iowa @ Wisconsin
Current Records: Iowa 11-3; Wisconsin 11-2
What to Know
The #23 Wisconsin Badgers haven’t won a game against the Iowa Hawkeyes since March 7 of 2019, but they’ll be looking to end the drought Thursday. Wisconsin and Iowa will face off in a Big Ten battle at 9 p.m. ET at Kohl Center. The Badgers are the slight favorite, but fans of both teams should be in for an exciting contest likely to go down to the wire.
Wisconsin didn’t have too much breathing room in their matchup with the Purdue Boilermakers on Monday, but they still walked away with a 74-69 victory. Wisconsin’s guard Jonathan Davis did his thing and posted a double-double on 37 points and 14 boards.
Meanwhile, even if it wasn’t a dominant performance, Iowa beat the Maryland Terrapins 80-75 on Monday. Forward Keegan Murray took over for the Hawkeyes, finishing with 35 points (a whopping 44% of their total) in addition to eight rebounds and three blocks.
The Badgers were within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap when the two teams previously met in March of last year as they fell 62-57 to Iowa. The defeat knocked Wisconsin out of the playoffs, so expect them to come at Iowa with a vengeful fire.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Kohl Center — Madison, Wisconsin
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $8.98
The Badgers are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Hawkeyes, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Badgers as a 1.5-point favorite.
Iowa have won six out of their last nine games against Wisconsin.
- Mar 12, 2021 – Iowa 62 vs. Wisconsin 57
- Mar 07, 2021 – Iowa 77 vs. Wisconsin 73
- Feb 18, 2021 – Iowa 77 vs. Wisconsin 62
- Jan 27, 2020 – Iowa 68 vs. Wisconsin 62
- Mar 07, 2019 – Wisconsin 65 vs. Iowa 45
- Nov 30, 2018 – Wisconsin 72 vs. Iowa 66
- Jan 23, 2018 – Iowa 85 vs. Wisconsin 67
- Mar 02, 2017 – Iowa 59 vs. Wisconsin 57
- Feb 24, 2016 – Wisconsin 67 vs. Iowa 59