Washington State @ Colorado
Current Records: Washington State 8-5; Colorado 9-3
What to Know
The Colorado Buffaloes won both of their matches against the Washington State Cougars last season (70-59 and 70-58) and are aiming for the same result on Thursday. Colorado and Washington State will face off in a Pac-12 battle at 9 p.m. ET at CU Events Center. The Buffaloes are out to keep their three-game home win streak alive.
Colorado strolled past the Cal State Bakersfield Roadrunners with points to spare three weeks ago, taking the game 60-46.
Meanwhile, it looks like Washington State must have gotten on Santa’s naughty list since the team didn’t end up with the win they were expected to receive two weeks ago. They were within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap as they fell 58-52 to the Boise State Broncos. One thing holding Washington State back was the mediocre play of guard Tyrell Roberts, who did not have his best game: he played for 26 minutes with.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Buffaloes are expected to win a tight contest. But bettors beware: they are only 1-7-2 against the spread when favored.
Colorado’s victory lifted them to 9-3 while Washington State’s defeat dropped them down to 8-5. We’ll see if Colorado can repeat their recent success or if the Cougars bounce back and reverse their fortune.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: CU Events Center — Boulder, Colorado
- TV: ESPN2
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $15.00
The Buffaloes are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Cougars, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 1.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Colorado have won ten out of their last 14 games against Washington State.
- Jan 27, 2021 – Colorado 70 vs. Washington State 58
- Jan 23, 2021 – Colorado 70 vs. Washington State 59
- Mar 11, 2020 – Washington State 82 vs. Colorado 68
- Jan 23, 2020 – Colorado 78 vs. Washington State 56
- Feb 20, 2019 – Washington State 76 vs. Colorado 74
- Jan 10, 2019 – Colorado 92 vs. Washington State 60
- Feb 15, 2018 – Washington State 73 vs. Colorado 69
- Jan 18, 2018 – Colorado 82 vs. Washington State 73
- Mar 08, 2017 – Colorado 73 vs. Washington State 63
- Feb 12, 2017 – Colorado 81 vs. Washington State 49
- Jan 21, 2017 – Washington State 91 vs. Colorado 89
- Mar 09, 2016 – Colorado 80 vs. Washington State 56
- Feb 11, 2016 – Colorado 88 vs. Washington State 81
- Jan 23, 2016 – Colorado 75 vs. Washington State 70
Injury Report for Colorado
- Javon Ruffin: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Quincy Allen: Out for the Season (Hip)
Injury Report for Washington State
- Tony Miller: Game-Time Decision (Shoulder)
- Myles Rice: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)