Grand Canyon @ UTRGV
Current Records: Grand Canyon 11-2; UTRGV 5-8
What to Know
The Grand Canyon Antelopes and the UTRGV Vaqueros are set to square off in a WAC matchup at 8 p.m. ET Jan. 6 at UTRGV Fieldhouse. Grand Canyon should still be feeling good after a win, while UTRGV will be looking to get back in the win column.
Last week, the Antelopes wrapped up 2021 with an 80-63 victory over the Chicago State Cougars.
Meanwhile, the Vaqueros came up short against the Sam Houston Bearkats on Monday, falling 86-78.
Grand Canyon is the favorite in this one, with an expected 9-point margin of victory. Those burned by picking them against the spread last Thursday might want to keep in mind that the team has not yet dropped back-to-back games against the spread this season.
Grand Canyon is now 11-2 while UTRGV sits at 5-8. Two defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Antelopes come into the game boasting the 13th fewest points allowed per game in college basketball at 58.2. On the other end of the spectrum, the Vaqueros are 10th worst in college basketball in points allowed per game, with 77.9 on average. So the cards are definitely stacked against UTRGV.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: UTRGV Fieldhouse — Edinburg, Texas
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Antelopes are a big 9-point favorite against the Vaqueros, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Antelopes as an 8-point favorite.
Grand Canyon have won seven out of their last ten games against UTRGV.
- Feb 29, 2020 – UTRGV 88 vs. Grand Canyon 80
- Jan 30, 2020 – Grand Canyon 87 vs. UTRGV 79
- Feb 07, 2019 – UTRGV 72 vs. Grand Canyon 69
- Jan 12, 2019 – Grand Canyon 69 vs. UTRGV 65
- Feb 08, 2018 – UTRGV 83 vs. Grand Canyon 81
- Jan 13, 2018 – Grand Canyon 84 vs. UTRGV 71
- Feb 09, 2017 – Grand Canyon 76 vs. UTRGV 57
- Jan 14, 2017 – Grand Canyon 79 vs. UTRGV 66
- Feb 06, 2016 – Grand Canyon 64 vs. UTRGV 58
- Jan 07, 2016 – Grand Canyon 83 vs. UTRGV 63