Louisiana Tech @ Texas-El Paso
Current Records: Louisiana Tech 11-3; Texas-El Paso 7-6
What to Know
The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs have enjoyed the comforts of home their last three games, but now they must head out on the road. Louisiana Tech and the Texas-El Paso Miners will face off in a Conference USA battle at 10 p.m. ET on Thursday at Don Haskins Center. The teams split their matchups last year, with Texas-El Paso winning the first 82-74 at home on the road and the Bulldogs taking the second 73-55.
The Western Kentucky Hilltoppers typically have all the answers at home, but on Saturday Louisiana Tech proved too difficult a challenge. Louisiana Tech escaped with a win by the margin of a single free throw, 74-73. Four players on Louisiana Tech scored in the double digits: forward Kenneth Lofton, Jr. (22), guard Cobe Williams (18), guard Amorie Archibald (17), and guard Keaston Willis (11).
Meanwhile, the Miners’ 2021 ended with a 75-62 defeat against the UAB Blazers last week.
The Bulldogs are the favorite in this one, with an expected 4-point margin of victory. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (4-2-1), so they might be worth a quick bet.
Louisiana Tech’s win brought them up to 11-3 while Texas-El Paso’s loss pulled them down to 7-6. A couple offensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Louisiana Tech ranks 33rd in college basketball when it comes to points per game, with 80.1 on average. Less enviably, the Miners have only been able to knock down 41% percent of their shots, which is the 42nd lowest field goal percentage in college basketball. So the cards are definitely stacked against Texas-El Paso.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Don Haskins Center — El Paso, Texas
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Live Stream: CBSSports.com or fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Watch on your Phone: CBS Sports App
- Watch on Connected TV: CBS Sports App on Roku and Fire TV
The Bulldogs are a 4-point favorite against the Miners, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Bulldogs as a 3.5-point favorite.
Louisiana Tech have won seven out of their last ten games against Texas-El Paso.
- Jan 23, 2021 – Louisiana Tech 73 vs. Texas-El Paso 55
- Jan 22, 2021 – Texas-El Paso 82 vs. Louisiana Tech 74
- Jan 11, 2020 – Louisiana Tech 64 vs. Texas-El Paso 61
- Feb 14, 2019 – Louisiana Tech 71 vs. Texas-El Paso 57
- Feb 22, 2018 – Texas-El Paso 74 vs. Louisiana Tech 72
- Jan 06, 2018 – Louisiana Tech 97 vs. Texas-El Paso 88
- Feb 09, 2017 – Louisiana Tech 62 vs. Texas-El Paso 61
- Jan 05, 2017 – Louisiana Tech 64 vs. Texas-El Paso 44
- Feb 20, 2016 – Texas-El Paso 91 vs. Louisiana Tech 80
- Jan 31, 2016 – Louisiana Tech 78 vs. Texas-El Paso 70
Injury Report for Texas-El Paso
- Keonte Kennedy: Out (Foot)
Injury Report for Louisiana Tech
- Isaiah Crawford: Out for the Season (Undisclosed)