Cleveland @ Portland
Current Records: Cleveland 21-17; Portland 14-23
What to Know
The Cleveland Cavaliers have enjoyed the comforts of home their last three games, but now they must head out on the road. They will take on the Portland Trail Blazers at 10 p.m. ET on Friday at Moda Center at the Rose Quarter after having had a few days off. Both teams took a loss in their last game, so they’ll have plenty of motivation to get the ‘W.’
It was close but no cigar for the Cavaliers as they fell 110-106 to the Memphis Grizzlies on Tuesday. Cleveland’s defeat came about despite a quality game from center Jarrett Allen, who posted a double-double on 22 points and 12 boards in addition to three blocks. Allen has also now had at least three blocks in his past three games.
Meanwhile, Portland was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap on Wednesday as they fell 115-109 to the Miami Heat. A silver lining for Rip City was the play of shooting guard Anfernee Simons, who shot 5-for-10 from downtown and finished with 28 points and seven assists.
Cleveland is the favorite in this one, with an expected 6-point margin of victory. Those sticking with them against the spread have guts, to put it politely, as the squad has let down bettors in their past five games.
Cleveland is now 21-17 while Portland sits at 14-23. A couple defensive stats to keep an eye on: Cleveland enters the game with only 102.6 points allowed per game on average, good for second best in the league. Less enviably, Rip City has allowed their opponents to shoot 47.90% from the floor on average, which is the highest shooting percentage allowed in the league. So the cards are definitely stacked against Rip City.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Moda Center at the Rose Quarter — Portland, Oregon
- TV: Bally Sports – Ohio
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $19.29
The Cavaliers are a solid 6-point favorite against the Trail Blazers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Cavaliers, as the game opened with the Cavaliers as a 4.5-point favorite.
Portland have won seven out of their last 12 games against Cleveland.
- Nov 03, 2021 – Cleveland 107 vs. Portland 104
- May 05, 2021 – Portland 141 vs. Cleveland 105
- Feb 12, 2021 – Portland 129 vs. Cleveland 110
- Nov 23, 2019 – Cleveland 110 vs. Portland 104
- Feb 25, 2019 – Portland 123 vs. Cleveland 110
- Jan 16, 2019 – Portland 129 vs. Cleveland 112
- Mar 15, 2018 – Portland 113 vs. Cleveland 105
- Jan 02, 2018 – Cleveland 127 vs. Portland 110
- Jan 11, 2017 – Portland 102 vs. Cleveland 86
- Nov 23, 2016 – Cleveland 137 vs. Portland 125
- Dec 26, 2015 – Portland 105 vs. Cleveland 76
- Dec 08, 2015 – Cleveland 105 vs. Portland 100
Injury Report for Portland
- Damian Lillard: Out (Abdomen)
- Larry Nance Jr.: Out (Knee)
- CJ McCollum: Out (Chest)
Injury Report for Cleveland
- Cedi Osman: Game-Time Decision (Covid-19)
- Isaac Okoro: Out (Elbow)
- Ricky Rubio: Out for the Season (Knee)
- Collin Sexton: Out for the Season (Knee)