Alabama @ Missouri
Current Records: Alabama 11-3; Missouri 6-7
What to Know
The Missouri Tigers and the #15 Alabama Crimson Tide are set to square off in an SEC matchup at 3:30 p.m. ET Jan. 8 at Mizzou Arena. The Crimson Tide will be strutting in after a victory while Mizzou will be stumbling in from a loss.
Mizzou has to be hurting after a devastating 83-56 defeat at the hands of the Kentucky Wildcats last Wednesday.
Meanwhile, Bama strolled past the Florida Gators with points to spare on Wednesday, taking the contest 83-70. Among those leading the charge for Bama was forward Juwan Gary, who had 19 points along with eight rebounds.
Mizzou is the clear underdog, so they’re hoping it’s the size of the fight that determines this one. Those betting on them against the spread shouldn’t have high expectations for them since the team is 2-5 ATS when expected to lose.
The Tigers are now 6-7 while the Crimson Tide sit at 11-3. A pair of offensive stats to keep an eye on: Mizzou has only been able to knock down 40.40% percent of their shots, which is the 27th lowest field goal percentage in college basketball. Bama’s offense has more to brag about, as they they enter the game with 82.2 points per game on average, good for 18th best in college basketball. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 3:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Mizzou Arena — Columbia, Missouri
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $33.00
The Crimson Tide are a big 13.5-point favorite against the Tigers, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 13.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Alabama have won five out of their last eight games against Missouri.
- Feb 06, 2021 – Missouri 68 vs. Alabama 65
- Mar 07, 2020 – Missouri 69 vs. Alabama 50
- Jan 18, 2020 – Alabama 88 vs. Missouri 74
- Jan 16, 2019 – Alabama 70 vs. Missouri 60
- Jan 31, 2018 – Missouri 69 vs. Alabama 60
- Feb 15, 2017 – Alabama 57 vs. Missouri 54
- Jan 18, 2017 – Alabama 68 vs. Missouri 56
- Feb 06, 2016 – Alabama 80 vs. Missouri 71
Injury Report for Missouri
No Injury Information
Injury Report for Alabama
- James Rojas: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Nimari Burnett: Out for the Season (Knee)