Atlanta @ Los Angeles
Current Records: Atlanta 17-21; Los Angeles 19-21
What to Know
The Los Angeles Clippers are getting right back to it as they host the Atlanta Hawks at 3:30 p.m. ET Jan. 9 at Crypto.com Arena. Given that both teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this contest.
The Clippers received a tough blow this past Saturday as they fell 123-108 to the Memphis Grizzlies. A silver lining for Los Angeles was the play of power forward Marcus Morris, who had 29 points along with eight boards.
Meanwhile, Atlanta ended up a good deal behind the Los Angeles Lakers when they played this past Friday, losing 134-118. The top scorer for Atlanta was point guard Trae Young (25 points). That’s the fourth consecutive matchup in which Trae Young has had at least 11 assists.
The Clippers are expected to lose this next one by 4.5. Those sticking with them against the spread have guts, to put it politely, as the team has let down bettors in their past three games.
Los Angeles was able to grind out a solid victory over Atlanta when the two teams previously met in March of last year, winning 119-110. Will Los Angeles repeat their success, or does Atlanta have a better game plan this time around? We’ll find out soon enough.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 3:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Crypto.com Arena — Los Angeles, California
- TV: Bally Sports SoCal
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $13.87
The Hawks are a 4.5-point favorite against the Clippers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Hawks as a 5-point favorite.
Los Angeles have won eight out of their last 12 games against Atlanta.
- Mar 22, 2021 – Los Angeles 119 vs. Atlanta 110
- Jan 26, 2021 – Atlanta 108 vs. Los Angeles 99
- Jan 22, 2020 – Atlanta 102 vs. Los Angeles 95
- Nov 16, 2019 – Los Angeles 150 vs. Atlanta 101
- Jan 28, 2019 – Atlanta 123 vs. Los Angeles 118
- Nov 19, 2018 – Los Angeles 127 vs. Atlanta 119
- Jan 08, 2018 – Los Angeles 108 vs. Atlanta 107
- Nov 22, 2017 – Los Angeles 116 vs. Atlanta 103
- Feb 15, 2017 – Los Angeles 99 vs. Atlanta 84
- Jan 23, 2017 – Los Angeles 115 vs. Atlanta 105
- Mar 05, 2016 – Atlanta 107 vs. Los Angeles 97
- Jan 27, 2016 – Los Angeles 85 vs. Atlanta 83