Minnesota @ Indiana
Current Records: Minnesota 10-2; Indiana 11-3
What to Know
The Indiana Hoosiers are 7-2 against the Minnesota Golden Gophers since January of 2016, and they’ll have a chance to extend that success Sunday. IU and Minnesota will face off in a Big Ten battle at noon ET at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. The Hoosiers are out to keep their ten-game home win streak alive.
While not quite a landslide, the matchup between IU and the Ohio State Buckeyes this past Thursday was still a pretty decisive one as IU wrapped it up with a 67-51 win at home. Forward Trayce Jackson-Davis took over for IU, finishing with 27 points (a whopping 40% of their total) along with 12 rebounds and five blocks.
Meanwhile, 2022 “welcomed” the Golden Gophers with a 76-53 beatdown courtesy of the Illinois Fighting Illini last Tuesday. Forward Jamison Battle wasn’t much of a difference maker for Minnesota; Battle finished with ten points on 4-for-10 shooting in his 26 minutes on the court.
The Hoosiers are the favorite in this one, with an expected 11.5-point margin of victory. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (9-4), so they might be worth a quick bet.
Indiana’s victory lifted them to 11-3 while Minnesota’s loss dropped them down to 10-2. In their win, IU relied heavily on Jackson-Davis, who posted a double-double on 27 points and 12 boards in addition to five blocks. Minnesota will need to find a way to minimize his impact if they want to win.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 12 p.m. ET
- Where: Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall — Bloomington, Indiana
- TV: Big Ten Network
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $53.46
The Hoosiers are a big 11.5-point favorite against the Golden Gophers, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as an 11.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Indiana have won seven out of their last nine games against Minnesota.
- Feb 17, 2021 – Indiana 82 vs. Minnesota 72
- Mar 04, 2020 – Indiana 72 vs. Minnesota 67
- Feb 19, 2020 – Indiana 68 vs. Minnesota 56
- Feb 16, 2019 – Minnesota 84 vs. Indiana 63
- Feb 09, 2018 – Indiana 80 vs. Minnesota 56
- Jan 06, 2018 – Indiana 75 vs. Minnesota 71
- Feb 15, 2017 – Minnesota 75 vs. Indiana 74
- Jan 30, 2016 – Indiana 74 vs. Minnesota 68
- Jan 16, 2016 – Indiana 70 vs. Minnesota 63
Injury Report for Indiana
- Logan Duncomb: Game-Time Decision (Lower Leg)
Injury Report for Minnesota
- Sean Sutherlin: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Parker Fox: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Isaiah Ihnen: Out for the Season (Knee)