How to watch Lions vs. Packers football game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Green Bay @ Detroit
Current Records: Green Bay 13-3; Detroit 2-13-1
What to Know
The Detroit Lions have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Green Bay Packers and are hoping to record their first victory since Dec. 30 of 2018. Detroit and Green Bay will face off in an NFC North battle at 1 p.m. ET Sunday at Ford Field. This is a home game for the Lions, a silver lining they hope will compensate for the 3-point spread against them.
The evening started off rough for Detroit last week, and it ended that way, too. 2022 “welcomed” them with a 51-29 beatdown courtesy of the Seattle Seahawks. Detroit was in a tough position by the half, with the score already sitting at 31-7. Detroit’s loss came about despite a quality game from WR Amon-Ra St. Brown, who punched in one rushing touchdown in addition to catching eight passes for one TD and 111 yards. That receiving effort made it the first game that St. Brown has posted more than 100 yards receiving.
A well-balanced attack led Green Bay over the Minnesota Vikings every single quarter on their way to victory last week. The Packers put the hurt on Minnesota with a sharp 37-10 win. The matchup was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point Green Bay had established a 30-10 advantage. Their success was the result of a balanced attack that saw several players step up, but RB A.J. Dillon led the charge as he punched in two rushing touchdowns.
Special teams collected 13 points for Green Bay. K Mason Crosby delivered a perfect 3-for-3 game.
Detroit is now 2-13-1 while Green Bay sits at 13-3. The Lions have been eliminated from playoff contention. The Packers have clinched a playoff berth as the current first seed in the NFC.
Detroit ended up a good deal behind Green Bay when they played in the teams’ previous meeting last September, losing 35-17. Maybe Detroit will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the contest and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 1 p.m. ET
- Where: Ford Field — Detroit, Michigan
- TV: FOX
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $59.58
The Packers are a 3-point favorite against the Lions, according to the latest NFL odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Packers as a 2.5-point favorite.
Green Bay have won eight out of their last 13 games against Detroit.
- Sep 20, 2021 – Green Bay 35 vs. Detroit 17
- Dec 13, 2020 – Green Bay 31 vs. Detroit 24
- Sep 20, 2020 – Green Bay 42 vs. Detroit 21
- Dec 29, 2019 – Green Bay 23 vs. Detroit 20
- Oct 14, 2019 – Green Bay 23 vs. Detroit 22
- Dec 30, 2018 – Detroit 31 vs. Green Bay 0
- Oct 07, 2018 – Detroit 31 vs. Green Bay 23
- Dec 31, 2017 – Detroit 35 vs. Green Bay 11
- Nov 06, 2017 – Detroit 30 vs. Green Bay 17
- Jan 01, 2017 – Green Bay 31 vs. Detroit 24
- Sep 25, 2016 – Green Bay 34 vs. Detroit 27
- Dec 03, 2015 – Green Bay 27 vs. Detroit 23
- Nov 15, 2015 – Detroit 18 vs. Green Bay 16