Cincinnati @ Memphis
Current Records: Cincinnati 11-4; Memphis 8-5
What to Know
The Cincinnati Bearcats have enjoyed the comforts of home their last five games, but now they must head out on the road. Cincinnati and the Memphis Tigers will face off in an American Athletic battle at 3:30 p.m. ET Sunday at FedExForum. Both teams come into the game bolstered by wins in their previous games.
The Bearcats didn’t have too much trouble with the SMU Mustangs at home this past Thursday as they won 77-60. Cincinnati’s guard David DeJulius looked sharp as he had 22 points and six assists.
Meanwhile, things were close when Memphis and the Tulsa Golden Hurricane clashed last Tuesday, but Memphis ultimately edged out the opposition 67-64.
Cincinnati is expected to lose this next one by 7.5. The smart bettors have been the ones to keep their money on Cincinnati’s opponents whenever they hit the road.
The Bearcats are now 11-4 while the Tigers sit at 8-5. A couple stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Cincinnati ranks 17th in college basketball when it comes to turnovers per game, with only 10.1 on average. But Memphis comes into the contest boasting the 30th most takeaways per game in college basketball at 16.8. We’ll see which of these strengths — offense or defense — will win out.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 3:30 p.m. ET
- Where: FedExForum — Memphis, Tennessee
- TV: ABC
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $11.00
The Tigers are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Bearcats, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 7.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Cincinnati have won eight out of their last 11 games against Memphis.
- Feb 28, 2021 – Memphis 80 vs. Cincinnati 74
- Feb 13, 2020 – Cincinnati 92 vs. Memphis 86
- Jan 16, 2020 – Memphis 60 vs. Cincinnati 49
- Mar 02, 2019 – Cincinnati 71 vs. Memphis 69
- Feb 07, 2019 – Cincinnati 69 vs. Memphis 64
- Mar 10, 2018 – Cincinnati 70 vs. Memphis 60
- Jan 27, 2018 – Cincinnati 62 vs. Memphis 48
- Dec 31, 2017 – Cincinnati 82 vs. Memphis 48
- Feb 23, 2017 – Cincinnati 87 vs. Memphis 74
- Feb 06, 2016 – Memphis 63 vs. Cincinnati 59
- Jan 21, 2016 – Cincinnati 76 vs. Memphis 72
Injury Report for Memphis
- Landers Nolley II: Game-Time Decision (Neck)
- DeAndre Williams: Game-Time Decision (Back)
- Jalen Duren: Game-Time Decision (Hip)
- Alex Lomax: Out (Ankle)
- Chandler Lawson: Out (Ankle)
- John Camden: Out (Foot)
Injury Report for Cincinnati
- A.J. McGinnis: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)